Skip to content

Discuss This Marquez dominates COTA qualifying MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marquez dominates COTA qualifying

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

Marquez dominates COTA qualifying

A tense qualifying ended at the Circuit Of The Americas [COTA] in Texas with Marc Marquez posting an excellent 2:03.021 to take his first ever MotoGP pole position, some two-tenths ahead of Honda team-mate Pedrosa and with both HRC riders leaving the rest of the chasing pack in their wake. Earlier, in the previous Q1 session Bradley Smith on the Tech3...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 April 2013 21:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Lorenzo

Hardley any one has mentioned Lorenzo, He is not favotite to win tomorrow but dont discount him. H e is the only rider that doesnt get fazed. He never looks that quick but  thats because he is so smooth I can see danny and Mark with possible tyre problems at the end of the race tomorrow and Lorenzo being their at the end. Rossi if he makes a decent start could be on the podium  

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Honda will have forgotten about Stoner completely by now,,,

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Just think if Stoner would have stayed, Pedrosa would have been out. It really would have been good seeing Stoner and Marquez in the same team.

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

Stoner vs Marquez wouldve been awesome. both blindingly fast and with awesome styles. however if stoner hadve stayed chances are that pedrosa wouldve moved to yamaha leaving vr to go to wsbk. btw does anyone else think that the marketing guys have done a piss poor job in trying to elevate some of the newer riders as the main draw for motogp. the last 2 seasons were an ideal oppurtunity for someone to take the torch from valentino and be the main attraction. As now he's back on the yamaha he's getting the top billing on tv adverts and what not. Think its stupid that the marketers for motogp are still relying on rossi for views and tickets, he cant and wont go on for ever!

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Prospects and image

Thats the beauty Of Marquez for Honda, and they must be rubbing their hands together.

The boys is blindingly  fast and brilliant to watch. add to that a smiling face and a devil may care attitude, he the PR mans dream.

The Honda seems to work way above anything the Yamaha's can produce for this race, and in IMO it will tell us alot about the likely title winner. Marquez's belief in himself will go through the roof if he runs away with it today, but if Lorenzo pulls a result out of the bag it will mess with the Honda boys minds.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

A Honda 1-2 written all over it barring accidents of course.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Bert, for all your apparent insight..

..it's funny how Stoner seemed to be well liked amongst his peers within the paddock - you know, the people that really knew him. Perversely, Rossi, who is universally adored by the masses doesn't appear to fair quite so well in that regard. That say's a lot to me...

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

reserve judgement

For me anyhow...marquez is great and only getting better...he will be fun to watch in the years to come. Pedrosa is not finished just yet...crikey we are only one race in...he seems to be stumbling out of the blocks this year...maybe he doesnt know how it feels to be healthy at the start of the year so is not used to having to push so soon ha ha...i think its more likely that the first two tracks on the calender he is not comfortable with....my opinion is we will see a "new" pedrosa when back in europe...he doesnt want to lose too much ground to his teamate now though. Lorenzo looks like he is still in midseason form...yikes...he will be in the hunt for a podium, and who knows what the honda will do to the tires later on in the race....dovi is able to qualify the ducati well so good for him, but the bike is still a tire shredder so he will likely finish same as quatar. Rossi...some of you may know this...i am a rossi fan....but also a racing fan...i like bradl aleix( he should be in tech 3 not bradders imo) pedrosa, edwards, hayden, and marquez fan. Bautista has peaked and is very lucky to have signed a 2 year deal...i guess everyone else was taken. I will admit crutchlow is good but not great. His big mouth is annoying so thats why i dont like him. Aleix would smole him on the same bike imo and would have a much better attitude. I guess thats what it is for me...these guys have the best job in the world so hearing them complain is annoying... Rossi complains but he doesnt blame as much as the others...plus hes a nine times wc so there is some latitude...example....crutchlow said he was on the limit of the brakes and the bike wss letting him down...thats whining.....rossi said im struggling so hopefully we can make some changes so i can be faster...thats taking resposibility by saying maybe we can change the bike so i can be faster...not like crutchlow who says that the bike is holding him back....similar but very different. Rossi i think has a problem similar to pedrosa...he has not been competitive lately so is still finding his way...its like working out though...muscle memory allows a strong guy who has gotten lazy to get his strengthback faster than someone who has never been strong. Definitely disappointing qualy performances this year...rossi cannot hope to beat lorenzo if he keeps starting on the third row...but as we have seen if their are some battles slowing the front runners a bit then rossi can challenge for podium. I think its a bit misleading too as the first two tracks are not rossis favorites...he will get it together...i expect as soon as we get to europe I can see rossi and pedrosa figjting for win in jerez...he just needs to leave states without losing too many points...racing is always different and rossi comes to the race. I agree with nostro on his point that all will not be perfect for marquez...he is enjoying pressure free competitiveness right now, but as it bcomes more expected and less of a pleasant surprise it wont be all genuine smiles...more foced pr ones...thanks for listening lol...bring on the race! Usually the races are early in the morning here so its wierd to have to wait until normal race time...but you boys in blighty have to wait till supper so i guess i should be grateful....cheers all!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

What it says CHR is that Rossi is a PR mans dream and Stoner isn't.   What they're thought of in the Paddock doesn't matter - how good they are on a bike doesn't matter -  how they come across to the  fans does.    I know this is a controversial remark but that's how life is.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Eurosport 2..

Just had a re-run of LS08...Hahaha fkin mint.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices