Skip to content

Discuss This Marquez dominates COTA qualifying MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marquez dominates COTA qualifying

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

Marquez dominates COTA qualifying

A tense qualifying ended at the Circuit Of The Americas [COTA] in Texas with Marc Marquez posting an excellent 2:03.021 to take his first ever MotoGP pole position, some two-tenths ahead of Honda team-mate Pedrosa and with both HRC riders leaving the rest of the chasing pack in their wake. Earlier, in the previous Q1 session Bradley Smith on the Tech3...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 April 2013 21:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

VFR - explain please

Rossi and Cal both state they are having an issue with braking. According to you:

Rossi doesn't moan (yeah right)  -  he takes responsibility for making changes that will move the bike forward

Cal on the other hand you accuse of whining and saying his bike is letting him down.

Here's what they said:

"We need to stop the bike better but with no testing here I don’t think we are doing a bad job. Now I’m on the limit in braking and I shouldn’t be and we are losing time in that area. We need to change the bike to gain some tenths.”

"We expected to go better today but we were unable to fix the problem we have with braking, especially in the first part of the lap, and I lose too much time," he said. "We still have tomorrow; we knew that this weekend, on this track, it could be difficult - and it is."

So one is blaming his bike, the other is taking responsibility.....

Both seem like reasonable statements to me.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Oh Dear Wosi

Eurosport 2..

Just had a re-run of LS08...Hahaha fkin mint.

Hope you get your screen cleaned off in time for today's race. Or is that how you get a plasma screen in your neck of the woods...

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

bulto

Cal says "we are losing time"...rossi says"im losing time"....cal says im on the limit and i shouldnt be( implies bike is letting him down. Rossi says we knew it would be difficult and it is... Both of those are fairly reasonable but other comments have not been...when rossi is not fast he says im not fast....when crutchlow is not fast he says my bike is mot fast....

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

And there was more to those comments but you have kind of just taken a slice to support your point not the comment as a hole...that can be very misleading as it can change the entire tone of said comment....to be fair though we are all a bit guilty of that.....

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

and...

Rossi is a 9 times world champ...crutchlow is a 2 time moto gp podium finisher...so is bautista i think...9 times champs are allowed to complain more as they have proof that when its right they can win......heres another quote for you(as close as i can remember...). CAL.....well im not going to challenge for the win here as im at a disadvantage....(ya that disadvantage is called 4 aliens)....Rossi.... In order to challenge for the world title one has to first win a race...so still remains tje objective...cal has never won a race and he talks like he has in, in general, as a good a chance as anyone...if only he didnt have the disadvantage of this weekend( he has ALL the data sothe disadvantage is small)...Rossi has won the odd race and yet he still doesnt take wimning for granted. When asked if his 2nd place felt like a win, he replied" nothing is the same as winning(humble) but we are very very happy with this result....

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Maybe what it say's Saturn..

..is Stoner's for real and Rossi's a fake?...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wosi, a truer word you've never spoken

I've watched a bit of qualifying this weekend and the incessant nonsense spouted by Ryder and Spalding is terrible tosh. 'Marquez, must be fastest in every session, Rossi doesn't care so much about qualifying' 'Doohanesque' 'Honda, Honda, Honda'. Do these guys actually really know about this sport? It's Darryl Eastlake dire diarrhoea.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CHR - thing is right or wrong - that's how it is - Rossi had the charisma  Stoner didn't!   That's not just MotoGp but in life in general.            It is all about' to change tho' as the Marquez machine gathers momentum

Nostro - Thats what commentators do - they have to talk non-stop for several hours at a time - you're bound to get some inane comments - the master was Murray Walker who made monumental gaffes but still gave out interesting facts!     It's the same as Rossi v. Stoner some people you like - some you don't. C'est la vie

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Good point Saturn

People complain too much about the commentators. These guys have more knowledge of the sport than most Herberts on here who critisise them. Steve Parrish is a common target, and yes he does repeat himself a little, but he`s been there and done it and has forgotten more about bikes than EVERYONE one here.
Yes its a good job but its not an easy job and some folks just love to complain.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's the difference CM

Parrish has been there and done that. I respect that.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices