You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Hayabusa frame

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

1django

Jan 11

1django says:

Hayabusa frame

I have a 1999 hayabusa that I have owned from new it has done 8000 miles and is totally standard it has hardly been used i noticed recently when I was changing the battery that the subframe is cracked at the weld my partner only weighs 8 stone so i dont know how this happened I phoned suzuki and told them about it and they where not interested I know I could replace the subframe myself but there could be lots of other low mileage hayabusas  tucked away in garages with this problem is there anything I can do to get suzuki to accept responsibility or any goverment body that I can complain to?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 April 2013 10:55)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Hi 1django

I seem to remember this problem being a recall item on some Busa's.

Perhaps if KCMC spots this thread he will let you know for sure.

Reply to this Topic
1django

Jan 11

1django says:

Hayabusa frame

Thanks

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Busa subframe

This was a problem for Hayabusas that had luggage fitted, and if the owner had fitted aftermarket silencers. The OE silencers acted as a brace for the subframe.

Suzuki issued a STEEL tube subframe that the owner could purchase (less than £200). Another company made a small brace to fit to the ali subframe.
There's plenty of subframes on ebay, including the STEEL ones.

Reply to this Topic
1django

Jan 11

1django says:

Hayabusa frame

Thanks for your help i have bought a new alloy subframe from ebay for £6 and I saw a steel one for £20 so I bought that as well it is just very worrying because I don't carry luggage and my exhausts have never been removed the bike is a 1999 but it looks like it has just rolled out of the showroom this may happen to someone else and they may not notice it and it could cause an accident I would just like to get suzuki to accept this but I don't know how to go about it

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices