Skip to content

General Finally but not without hitch!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Finally but not without hitch!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Finally but not without hitch!!

got out today about midday.  A lot colder than yesterday with a brisk wind to boot. This is the first I have managed this year and boy what a ride!!

Today was the first time Mavis the F3 has been out since October:shock:, I forgot how responsive the fly by wire throttle really was:shock::shock:  Lets just say the first couple of miles was not impressive to watch:wacko:

First job was tyre pressures, and to say the handbook  is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike is an understatement . Why do I need a diagram of the full wiring loom and do not need tyre pressures!!

Went back in and tried to find some on the net quickly but it varied as to what part of the world you lived in so plumped for  33 front and rear, reminder to get a new gauge before batteries run out!!

Got on board to fuel station and for some reason the pay at pump wouldn't recognise my card as after putting in pin it just said "waiting".  Pulled the card out and thought pay by cash but the pump seemed to have stopped working .  Off I paddle to the next and finally get on my way

Plan was to just have a play for about an hour then come back and take my little tracky bike out for a road test and partial other half could get on Mavis.

Now considering p/t Mr BB had spent a couple of weeks putting Victor VFR right I was quite looking forward to having a leisurely little bimble.

Put key in,,,,, nothing, nada zilch.  Pop a jump pack on and looked promising, then a drip drip on the floor and a small leak from the rad:shock:

Finally admitted defeat and new battery is on it's way and apparently the leak is a teething problem:mad:

So today wasn't great but did at least manage some play time albeit a bit hare and tortoise stuff.

Need to get some track time  in May if the weather holds up just to get my mind into bike mode

Being in the car a lot in the winter you become a bit complacent and you need a bike head on so a few laps in the safety of Silverstone will be a must in the next few weeks

My only problem I had today wasn't from cars (and I'm not from the anti cyclist brigade just anti knob rot society) but weekend cyclist riding 2-3 abreast round country roads, it is dangerous to them as well as me.

I'm glad of my Brembo brakes and that my ass has a good set of teeth to bite into the saddle twice:shock:

Hope you lot had a better week ends ride than me:winkie: 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 April 2013 16:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Always

good to get the first ride outta the way.... 

Cyclist,i just want to slap there arse`s when i go by..Bloody Lycra.:smile

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

With an avatar

like that, i'd never of guessed :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Unit..

Dont make me put you back...:hmmm:  you got off lightly..:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
enfieldturbo

Jun 12

enfieldturbo says:

you

need 40 + in the rear tyre babyblade, i would guess 42.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

wouldn't those pressures at the rear be too high for the colder weather

even dismissed 34 which someone posted

Reply to this Topic
enfieldturbo

Jun 12

enfieldturbo says:

wow

your right
twisties/Street (Greater than 15 miles)31-32 PSI Cold Front: 120/70 ZR1732-33 PSI Cold Rear:190/50 ZR17

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

could you post a

link please

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Baby

is it not written on the swinging arm or under the seat? Not that i'm trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs of course :wink:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

CJ

after it isn't on the hand book I thought about the swinging arm, under the seat and also on under pillion, but nothing:upset:

Reply to this Topic
enfieldturbo

Jun 12

enfieldturbo says:

link

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23522

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN