Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez becomes youngest ever MotoGP winner MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez becomes youngest ever MotoGP winner

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

Marc Marquez becomes youngest ever MotoGP winner

The first MotoGP from the Circuit Of The Americas [COTA] opened with 20 year old Marc Marquez attempting to be the Youngest ever premier class winner - challenging the record of Freddie Spencer set in 1981. The young Spaniard got off to a slow start however and it was his team-mate Dani Pedrosa who took the jump at the lights, entering into the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 April 2013 21:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Unbreakable

Completely agree...i like bradl but he is definitely underperforming and RUININGthe chance for other faster riders to challenge the front runners when they get stuck behind him for a couple of laps....and my understanding is he is on FULL spec honda...like sete used to be...he needs to do more than just block people even if thats part of racing...when thats your only move its frustrating as a fan

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Three riders seats in Jeopardy

They are Lil Ginger aka Bradley Smith, Bradl and Bautista. Pol Espargaro will take one of those ride. The other two will be Scott Redding and Andrea Ianonne or Ben Spies. Spies may end up with Suzuki if they are allowed back in 2014 though.

Smith, Bradl and Bautista really suck terribly.

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

I missed the podium,

but was Marquez allowed to drink the Champagne? I mean, he's not yet 21, so it would be illegal in the Great State of Texas, or do they make allowances for these sort of events?

Reply to this Topic
Jack Russel

Oct 03

Jack Russel says:

just a thought....

but if they hadn't changed the rules for MM to allow a rookie on a works machine does anyone think he would have won in his first year on the LCR? 'factory' bike it may be but it's no repsol.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

vfr...

"Just found out rossi had a broken disc during race...still bitter but it helps explain why he looked so average today..."

Doesn't explain how his fastest lap was 0.5 of a sec faster than he did in qualifying (& only 0.5 off MM's lap record) & he did that on lap 13 of 21 while over 11 seconds off the leader... he slowed on lap 19 which is when it may have happened... if it happened. Strange these things never happen to JL but always to his struggling team mate... conspiracy?

Broken disc or broken record?... the next few rounds will reveal all.

Average today? In truth there's only 1 day in recent times Rossi hasn't looked average (for a MotoGP racer) & that was race day at Qatar when he was pretty damn good (but still made mistakes). His testing & qualifying generally hasn't been terrible... just average... as was his race this time. Let's hope he can give us more of a show at the next race.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jahkeym

Dec 09

jahkeym says:

milkybars - aint bradders got a 2 year deal? sure i read bautista's contract has been extended another year (2014) as a compromise for staying with Showa instead of moving across to Ohlins.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Texas GP

What a terrible race , only good bit was Marquez winning and Cal coming back from running off the track , I think Lorenzo was rider of the day followed by Marquez and Cal , but it was utterly soporific

Reply to this Topic
MO62

Jan 09

MO62 says:

Bradley ?

If nothing else should Bradder's not have seen off the CRT's, totally level playing field as none of them had tested in anger, Herve will wonder why he didn't cast an eye over Mr Espargaro you must think, unless technical issues played a part this is pretty embarrassing for Bradley..

Reply to this Topic
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

MARQUEZ HERE TO STAY

I wasn't much of a fan of Marquez in Moto2, talented and dominant as he was, as his character seemed largely to suggest he was a smiling assassin with a cruel streak. Given the relative personality vacuum of MotoGP though, he fits right in - forget extra practice at the Texan circuit and forget the dominance of the Honda (you can still benchmark him against Pedrosa). Marquez made a massive mark in Round 1 and utterly dominated practice and qualifying in Texas. No-one could touch him. Like him or not, this guy is here to stay and he has enough experience to maintain a mature, respectful stance. When he overtook Pedrosa (after causally lingering on his tail), did he veer into the red tarmac run off on the fast straight to blast debris into Pedrosa's face ? Had he been slowing off and waiting to pass at leisure. Maybe, probably both...I still don't like him, but on the evidence so far, he might actually just be the fastest man on two wheels on the planet and many, as I will, may just have to suck it all up...

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Marquez? - pffah

Who cares about Marquez?  Rossi was totally amazing, blasted through the field using his superb racecraft. Who else could have gone from 8th to 6th?   Totally the only interesting part of the race, watching the old master just cut through the pack like that. 

Oh, and a bike problem? - well, that's just good 'ol Rossi, telling it like it is.. Not whingeing or an excuse at all, no way. Jeez, he didn't complain about his knicker malfunction and bravely dismissed the conjecture that the 'ol shoulder injury has returned. Without Rossi, there is NO racing.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices