Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

TT 2013

It's just round the Corner:)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 05:38)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Good clip

Nice mix of high speed and slo-mo footage. I'm looking forward to being there in just over a month :smile

Reply to this Topic
queen bodecia

Oct 02

Myself and some friends are planning to go next year (too late to book ferries/decent accommodation/time off work this year). We've potentially found a cottage to rent for race week (can't go practice week because it's half term) but it's a bit off the beaten track. How easy is it to get around during race week given that the 'circuit' is mostly closed? Will we have to bike everywhere (i.e. no drinking) or are there reasonably reliable buses and taxis? This will probably be the one and only time I go to the TT so I'd like to see as much as possible.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

TT

The racing is generally every other day and the circuit is closed for races and very occassionally early in the morning if practice session are needed. All other roads on the island are open so you can travel around either on roads on the inside of the circuit or on the outside (obviously no crossing the circuit whilst the races are on). The racing generally finishes around 4pm and then the circuit roads are opened again to normal traffic.

There are some buses around the island but they generally only run between major towns and the frequency isn't massive. Many people club together to get taxi's to camp sites etc.

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

I've never been

But would love to go one day ....... always enjoy watching it on itv 4 but it's a shame they don't show more of it

Reply to this Topic
queen bodecia

Oct 02

Spondonste

Thanks for that, really useful. I can't believe how difficult it is to find accommodation, even this far ahead. It seems like most places want to rent them out for the full fortnight rather than just race week.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

i'LL

be there 31st May til 4 June...

DaveC gimme a shout if you fancy catching up for a pint at some point..... Oh, and...

I CAN'T FOOKIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

QB

I'm not the best person to give advice on the TT as last year was my first visit.

We went with a seasoned visitor who now only goes for practice week. The plus side of this is that it's not as hectic as race week, slightly better chance of getting accomodation, you can walk freely through the paddock area where the teams are preparing the bikes and you can sit anywhere you like in the grandstand without paying!

I suppose the atmosphere in practice week will never be quite the same as a 'real' race, but as I've just mentioned, there are some advantages.

We were based in a B&B in Douglas and so it was easy walking to the paddock/grandstand and good viewing points between the start and Bray Hill. The evening practice starts at 6pm so you can watch it for a while and then go for a meal and drinks :smile

I hope you manage to get over next year, I'm sure you'll be glad you did!

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Flyer

Would love to meet you for a pint (or two :winkie:) The only problem is we're going over for practice week and leaving on the morning you arrive!

Do you sometimes come up to Scotland for work? Give us a shout if you're around.

Reply to this Topic
queen bodecia

Oct 02

dave_c

Practice week falls on schools half term so there's no chance I could ever have that week off work (people with school-age kids get first dibs). So it's race week or not at all for me. The only accommodation we can find for 2014 so far is 6 miles from Ramsey so we won't be walking anywhere. Still it will save money on beer!

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Try for

Either the Southern 100,or if you prefer the mountain course,give the ManxGP a whirl.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices