Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding seizes Moto2 points lead MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding seizes Moto2 points lead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding seizes Moto2 points lead

Scott Redding scored his first pole position in Texas and now leads a world championship category for the first time in his career after he secured a hard fought fifth place at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA). A first Moto2 win though still eludes the 20-year-old after chronic front and rear grip issues saw him fall out of the lead...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 08:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

A very poor race by Redding - he didn't appear to be down on speed, but it was still the same old story of tyres going-off. Qatar seems like a dream now.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Congratulations on his first ever pole.

Sensible approach in the race, after that elusive and hoped for win evaporated with tyres going away.

Early days, but leading the table at this stage is good news. Long may it continue. 

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

A poor race?

More a frustrating race I reckon. And if fifth is the best a gearbox problem and tyres issues would allow then so be it. As the great Ricky Carmichael said  - Championships are won on your bad days - so if fifth constitutes a bad day for Redding then a championship win is on the cards.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Good work...

The sea-saw nature of this series (especially this year without MM to dominate) means that a consistent top 5 finisher could take it from a win/bin seemingly faster rider... Redding set the pace in qualifying but it didn't transfer to the race with a full fuel load & Scott's size... later he was able to match the front guys' pace but it was too late. Good solid ride & the 1st time a Brit has lead a GP series in how many years?

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Redding Vs Bradley Smith

Here's a rider that deserves the Tech 3 motoGP ride.

I should add that I don't blame B.Smith at all for getting his ride in motoGP. His decision to sign up a couple of years ago was a brilliant business decision. Make hay while the sun shines, yes?

Smith cirtainly deserves to ride a CRT bike. But realy he should return to moto2.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Redding Vs MM

And I'll never forget the battle between Redding and MM.  I forgot the race where it happened but... Wow !!!

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

DoomedDog

Yep agree with that one. Especially considering the state of his rear tyre 5 laps in. It was clearly visible on TV as being a dud. Very bad luck for Redding so he did well to bag 5th spot. Reminds me of Rossi dealing with a sick bike before electronics came in in 2007.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Yeah right, Redding just got a duff tyre and he cocked-up a down-shift. Anything else that you can think of that is Redding-specific? Like fat?

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Benny, your way

out of line with the "fat" jibe.....cut the big guy some slack for gawd's sake. His bike was visibly all over the place going into corners and Kallio didn't even need to draught him on the home straight to get by. I don't think Scotty will win this championship, I think Terol might just have given himself a huge confidence boost and push on and take the fight to Espargaro. What Scott has to do is keep showing podiums and front rows and hopfully he'll get Cal's Yam when he moves up to Danni's HRC!

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Only joking Crawsue - of course he's not fat but the excuses put forward for Redding's poor ride are so very 2012, and didn't seem to affect him in Qatar. It's Year 4 in Moto2 and with no Marquez, Espagaro, Luthi, Corsi, Corti or Nakagami to worry about, this race should have been a win. What's it going to take?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices