Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding seizes Moto2 points lead MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding seizes Moto2 points lead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding seizes Moto2 points lead

Scott Redding scored his first pole position in Texas and now leads a world championship category for the first time in his career after he secured a hard fought fifth place at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA). A first Moto2 win though still eludes the 20-year-old after chronic front and rear grip issues saw him fall out of the lead...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 08:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
markredding

Apr 13

markredding says:

Scott Texas

I have looked at all the comments and thought I would put my perspective of Texas on here! If you heard the interview before the race on Saturday from Scott stating that the concern he had was tyre wear then that explains the race! Why would he say it? He was on pole, .5 sec quicker than anyone? Look we all know really what an exceptional rider Scott is and the class he is in does not only suit his size but also his riding style! Give the lad a chance he is are best British hope of some silver ware this year in Moto GP! To me he rode a professional race, not 'hot headed and fall off no points in the bag race'(Espargaro)! He is on top of standing at present and looking at the two races so far I cannot see any issues as last year. Straight line speed now he is 1 bike length down over a kilometer. I say talk to me in Valencia about how good he is! I know already.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Mark...

Any relation?

Firstly, he's in Moto2 not MotoGP... yet... & secondly that "hot headed and fall off no points in the bag race Espargaro" came 2nd in the championship last year with almost double Scott's points tally, 11 podiums & exactly the same number of DNF's. Scott is good, & now I feel deserving of our support, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Mark ...

... in fairness, many riders state tyre wear as being a concern before a race. Sorry, but that's not really good enough to explain away a race that Redding should of won - or at least been on the podium.

Espagaro out with with a crash, Luthi out injured and Nakagami broken-down - if he's really any good, then surely the win's just there for the taking? Marquez wouldn't of blinked. 

Down on top speed? Nope, he stuck it on pole which underlines his huge talent and speed - and yet this poor result throws further doubt upon his fitness and/or his race set-up over the course of the race. 

In the closing stages, he seemed to be closing in on the guys in-front of him - so his set-up and tyres must of been pretty good. 

All of which leaves just Scott and (whisper it) fit****s.

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

vds45 ...

... a straight-up question - has Scott got a personal trainer? The last I heard, he was casting around on Twitter for advice on diets. Shocking and a complete waste of a rare talent.

Reply to this Topic
markredding

Apr 13

markredding says:

Fitness

Rev I know Scott personally and fitness he takes really seriously, in the off season he is training constantly. I went out to dinner with him 6 weeks ago and eat very little due to his strict regime. I agree that of any race up to now that was the one I thought he was going to win even with espargaro and Nagkagami there. Looking at the track before they got there and looking back at F1 last season I knew tyres would be an issue. He was making up at the end but I think that was because he conserved his and the others were coming back to him from their own tyre issues.If it is down to fitness that you point too why was his finish so strong? doesn't add up Rev! As too Hedgehog5 Moto GP is a term for moto3, moto2 & motoGP I see no other British rider in either class finishing as high as Scott will this season! The problem the Brits have is we cannot BIG up our stars like other countries because we find it easier to moan about them. Maybe at Silverstone if you are both going we could discuss all this over a beer!

Reply to this Topic
markredding

Apr 13

markredding says:

Trainer

Straight up Answer yes he has!

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Many thanks Mark ...

... your informed information has helped ease my worried mind. 

As you say, Scott's stronger late race performance was - either as a result of him being forced to take an early 'breather' - or his bike set-up being very good (and we all know that Marc VDS is a top team).

Still, IMO Scott had a poor race and it was a very disappointing result after his pole - let's all hope he gets back to his Qatar form ASAP.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
markredding

Apr 13

markredding says:

Trainer

You will see a different result in Jerez!

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Not exactly going out on a limb there Mark - what sort of result? A win?

Reply to this Topic
markredding

Apr 13

markredding says:

trainer

Well 1st or 2nd will do as it will keep him on top! Obviously a win would be nice as it would settle him down for the rest of the season.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle