Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez savours record-breaking Texas win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez savours record-breaking Texas win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez savours record-breaking Texas win

Marc Marquez became the youngest MotoGP winner in history yesterday when he triumphed in the inaugural Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in Texas. A red-hot pre-race favourite after dominating a Honda and Yamaha private test last month before becoming the youngest rider to claim a MotoGP pole position on Saturday, Marquez got the better of a race long duel with teammate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 09:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

A real privilege to watch.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

slightly off topic. The quata GP... just look at this empty stadium:

http://orridgenal.kinja.com/this-is-the-empty-grandstand-of-the-motogp-of-qatar-471063921

I don't understand why a GP is being held in  place where no one wants to see it.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Good on him

Well done Marquez! great effort to stave off pressure from a relentless Dani Pedrosa.  Deserved win and new record. Other than their dice I didn't think the rest of the race was as exciting as predicted.  Thought Bautista was gonna step it up, but incredibly Dovi put the Duke ahead of Alvaros Honda (imagine someone will be shaking their finger at the stop watch under a frown)

For Cal to take on Bradl, despatch a works Honda and close in on Lorenzo having not tested in March was an awesome result for him.  Not a bad race, but roll on Jerez... think I'll watch that one Trackside!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Spencers record stood for 31 years and when you reel off the names that have debuted in the class since then, it puts Marquez' achievement clearly into perspective.

He has a racers brain and the confidence in his ability to scrap hard if a plan goes to pot..he hasn't got close to skittling anyone as many predicted either.

Ominous..

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Historic

Nice to be actually able to say I watched history in the making for once. He's the first rider I've taken an active interest in from back in the 125 days, previously I'd only really watched from the middleweights upwards.

Marc Marquez: "not shit" :)

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Let's wax lyrical ...

... 'My eyes have seen the Glory of the coming of the Lord' is the rather catchy little number that springs to mind when I consider Marquez. This young man has been blessed with grace, skill and ability in abundance - he's truely gifted. Genius.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

indeed Colonel & Rev

The phenom has avoided the dice with Lorenzo (haha.. so far - it's only been two rounds) will be interesting to see who comes out on top - especially with the tighter European tracks coming up.  OK, so Mugello and Brno will allow the Honda might to stretch its legs but you know what I mean...

(As a side thought; Stoner & Marquez would have been compelling viewing sliding & battling it out)

Reply to this Topic
Unbreakable

Feb 11

Unbreakable says:

Marquez in full flow

with knee & elbow to the ground was pure magic to watch. Throwing in a new track is a really good way of leveling the playing field a bit between the newcomers and the old hands, specially an unusual track like COTA, which is a gorgeous venue. Hope they start a trend and we get some more weird and whacky tracks!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Be careful what you wish for Shawno

I bet that thought has crossed either or both Livio Suppo and Shuei Nakamoto's minds recently and I expect we'll see the outcome at P.I later this year...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

P.I. ?

I'd be really surprised. By then CS will have been off a bike for months and no matter how fast he is "out of the box" it's difficult to see him getting back up to the speed it will take to battle with the three amigos in just one weekend.

Brilliant ride from the entire top 4 but continual reference to Honda track takes some of the shine of the riders' performance. You only had to see the shapes both Hondas were getting in through the twisty 'Yamaha' section after turn 1 to see that the speed was due to the level of input from the two Repsol riders - labelling the win as a foregone conclusion is akin to taking something away from them. The other two near works Hondas finished behind a bitza Yam and a Ducati. And Lorenzo and especially Cal were nowhere near as far back as practise and qualifying suggested they might be.

Also interesting to see the two lean angles of the Hondas in one shot. A lot is made of MM lean angle because he drags his elbow but it's more likely because he hangs so far off the bike than having the bike further over than the others. In the shot with the two bikes, Pedrosa was actually further over... Brilliant rides from both, glued together lap after lap and the win wasn't certain until the last one. People are ragging Pedrosa but I can't see he has anything to be ashamed about. Only two races in yet, lots can happen.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices