Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

Valentino Rossi praised fellow Yamaha rider Cal Crutchlow after the Briton easily beat him to claim a fantastic fourth place finish in the first MotoGP race to be staged at the state-of-the-art Circuit of the Americas (COTA). Crutchlow was thrilled with his COTA debut after he claimed the scalps of Rossi and Stefan Bradl in the 21-lap clash. Both were expected to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 09:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Well done Cal ...

... fine ride to 4th and not one mention of old machinery either - astonishing! 

Just the one really bad mistake (running-off track - he'd of crashed into gravel at other tracks), off-set by some delightful overtaking moves on Bautista & Bradl, and a display of pace to rival Lorenzo - excellent! 

Crutchlow finished 10 secs ahead of Rossi (about 0.5 secs per lap faster) - wow! 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fuzzy139

Aug 02

fuzzy139 says:

Brilliant Cal, your best ride on Monster Yamaha Tech 3 bike so far.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Wibbly-wobbly Muchtoslow..?

Cal rode a terrific race and, despite a little mistake, showed us the side we want to see more of, composed determination and the fighting Bulldog spirit. One of his best efforts yet.  

He's made sure everybody knows his machinery is a little behind in the development stakes compared to the Factory guys - it is a satellite bike after all - but it's still a much coveted and extremely competitive package..head and shoulders above the Ducati ride he wanted and got narked about losing.

Consistency is the key..moaning about the bike is just a distraction. Time to move on and buckle down to the job in hand, which is to worry the fk out of the big boys on a regular basis. 

Post-race comments were a big improvement and more befitting the smiling assasin's role I'd like to see him play this year..

"I want to say a massive thanks to my crew..I think this weekend we again showed how competitive the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 package is."

Top job.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Cal exercised solid racecraft yesterday and as Wosi says, handled himself better in the Interview.  I still chuckled as he told Matt Robers "Well done on your attire".  He looked pleased with himself and deservedly so after his performance.

WELL DONE CAL!!

I like the smiling Assassin reference.  Hug ya and slit your throat at the same time? Roll on Jerez where the real action's gonna be...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"Post-race comments were a big improvement"..

..Jeez, who the hell are you, his mother?..ffs..

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Indeed Wosi ...

... some people are targeting Mugello as being one of Rossi's slim chances of victory this year, but IMO, Cal will have knocked the stuffing out of him long before then. I never really saw Crutchlow as being the one who ended Rossi's career, but it's suddenly become much more of a possibility.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ya-a-awn..

Roll your flapping bottom lip back up CHR..Ol wosi seems to be spoiling your day far too often lately.

You're starting to sound like Cal..until the tune got changed cos he realised he was in danger of making everyone nod off.

You should learn a thing from that sucker..or start a new business selling matchsticks for droopy eyelids.

PS: Oh and Rev..excuse me if I don't take your fickle trolling opinion seriously.

One minute you're all for Rossi/Crutchlow, the next you're not..nothing to do with amateur baiting attempts I suppose.

BA-aaack to the pasture sheepboy.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Oh dear Wosi ...

... wrong again. Not baiting, merely agreeing with you and expressing a view. I try to take an objective, balanced view on things and merely suggest that Crutchlow will continue to dominate Rossi over the next few races. Just try to relax a little and try to be pleasant.

Reply to this Topic
Tetley

Aug 02

Tetley says:

imagine..

Just imagine Cal WITHOUT a pitbox fire, WITHOUT a lack of laptop facilities, WITH some pre-season practice at COTA, and WITH a full factory Yamaha . Then it is easy to imagine him beating Lorenzo. Now imagine Cal on a Works Honda with all the benefits which that brings, and it is easy to imagine Cal being the new sensation, and being the only one to take the fight to Marquez.  Oh, fickle hand of fate ...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

On the contrary...

..there's nothing I like more than to give you a slap every now and again. Just tickles me when you talk like a vestal virgin that's all...hahaha...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices