Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

Valentino Rossi praised fellow Yamaha rider Cal Crutchlow after the Briton easily beat him to claim a fantastic fourth place finish in the first MotoGP race to be staged at the state-of-the-art Circuit of the Americas (COTA). Crutchlow was thrilled with his COTA debut after he claimed the scalps of Rossi and Stefan Bradl in the 21-lap clash. Both were expected to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 09:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

How very quaint

that you still think the RCV is some sort of guided missle Wosi. Did you see the flaw in your argument? Rossi is a limper wristed version of Lorenzo.

Has the world nr.6 found anyone to be his friend in the paddock yet? He comes across as very needy these days. It really must disgust you after your expressed loathing of the geniune friendship displayed between all last years race winners.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

You have to admit Wosi

Rossi had a piss poor weekend and there is every chance Bautista just got a better exit from the corner than Rossi on that occassion. Bautista is not up to MM and Pedrosa level in getting the bike upright and away from corners and given Rossi's lacklustre ride, he didn't have to be.

If I remember correctly, Rossi and Bautista passed each other a few times and I'm sure I saw the M1 going into turn 1 ahead of Bautista after outbraking him (with that dodgy disc and all...) To outbrake, he stayed with him off the previous corner right down the straight.

If you look at the individual fastest sector times for each of the top 4, there is nothing in it - hundreths - and about 2 - 3 kph top speed. Cal actually put in 3 out of 4 better sectors than Lorenzo...

Those two Honda boys wrung the necks off those bikes through the slalom section after turn 1 and it was mighty impressive to watch. Saying they won because it was a Honda track detracts from the sheer effort they put in. If the track suited the Honda that much, there is no way the other two near factory spec bikes would have finished so far behind Cal's mongrel.

Credit where it's due now Wosi lad, each of the top 4 rode incredibly well

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

What a pathetic bunch

Two weeks ago it was all 'Rossi is back to his best' and 'A vintage display by Rossi'. Now suddenly after one track he struggled with it's 'Rossi is finished and has lost his mojo'. It really is pathetic.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Won't ever admit

He was slower this weekend,nothin wrong with he m1 see cal and Jorge, Rossi don't like the track get over it.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

FireBird I didn't say Rossi is finished its just some on here who say that after a rubbish race by his own standards I actually knew the Yamaha guys will get beaten easily but didn't expect Vale to get beaten by a rider who is on a B grade bike.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

I agree Firebird...

"What a pathetic bunch. Two weeks ago it was all 'Rossi is back to his best' and 'A vintage display by Rossi'"

I thought that at the time... early days... it was only 2nd place & he managed that on a Ducati!... one race & a 2nd place does not constitute a comeback or signify the return of the real Rossi... & if he really is washed up & finished it's not something that's happened between 2 weeks ago & this race is it? Madness.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Phat chance of insight here..

When was the last time Lorenzo got out-qualified by both works Repsol bikes by a second?

The gap was larger at the Austin private test a month ago..MotoGP has banned tests of this type for the future because of the unfair advantage it allows.

The track could have been built by Nakamoto it so obviously suits the RCV's strengths.

Yet head Orange pom-pom wavers Nostro and Bulto insist it's nothing to do with machinery advantage, offering advice to World champs how to stand it up on the fat part. 

Pedrosa hasn't brought home the bacon in 7 years and will probably receive the boot for next season, like he was penciled in to get this year before Stoner quit. Marquez is a rookie..but the result is all down to the skill of the riders, and that includes Bautista now.

It's unfair to point out the obvious and take the shine off their valiant efforts? Boo-fkin-hoo.  

Every single commentator, pundit, ex-racer and fan knew what would happen..and so it came to pass graphically in front of eyes. Yet the see nowt and hear nowt ugly sisters continue their stubborn line of defence, which is all in the name of downplaying a very clear horsepower and gearbox superiority.

Granted..there will be other tracks where Yamaha hardware is closer, but CotA is HRC territory as plain as night follows day.

As plain as a satellite RCV blowing past a works M1.

Reply to this Topic
scorparider

Jan 10

scorparider says:

armchair experts

just popped back in to read the comments. I have to say you don't disappoint, one or two nearly had me spitting my coffee all over the keyboard. Keep it up chaps we all need a laugh nowadays.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Nobstro

Back spouting your usual rubbish Nobstro .. really ,why don't you sod off and leave this to the people who understand racing and aren't totally biased against a particular rider or other.... jeez you're posts are over long and cretinous.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Good boys.

That's the MCN Oompa Loompa way. Spit your baseless bile and vitriol.

Fastest Honda - Marquez 340kmph. Slowest Yamaha - Smith - 336kmph. Ohhh, 4 kmph.

Restrict them, regulate them, ban those nasty Honda's with their great big horsepower advantage. How is the world nr.6 supposed to compete on such an unequal dance floor?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices