Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

Valentino Rossi praised fellow Yamaha rider Cal Crutchlow after the Briton easily beat him to claim a fantastic fourth place finish in the first MotoGP race to be staged at the state-of-the-art Circuit of the Americas (COTA). Crutchlow was thrilled with his COTA debut after he claimed the scalps of Rossi and Stefan Bradl in the 21-lap clash. Both were expected to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 09:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Nostro ...

... perhaps your question of: "And just how many of these COTA corners involved banked over gear changes upsetting the balance of the sublime M1?" , is best answered by another question 'Just how many bottom-gear corners were there in total?' Answer: Lots

Doesn't the speed of acceleration impact upon the ultimate top speed achieved over a given distance anymore? 

Isn't a 250 bhp MotoGP machine violent in bottom-gear acceleration? 

Honda had a clear advantage here - Lorenzo is shouting about it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Tech 3

The factory yamaha's have a new clutch system similar to the repsol team hondas that allows for improved acceleration. As a consequence Cal's bike will have less acceleration than the factory yamaha's and hondas (including Bradl's bike) - Cal was loosing a little on the straights as a result and it makes overtaking the factory Yams/ Handas problematic. In this context his results are impressive. That said though the Tech 3 bikes are arguably the best satelitte bikes and more than capable of running around 4-6 place in the race.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

If you think Reverend

that 4 kmph and 0.2 secs on a 2:05 lap track represents a 'clear advantage' may I offer you another Sherry.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Do not worry

NOSTRO will disappear after 'the world no 6' (LOL), starts getting some results in Europe. Oh how I dream of the day that we are rid of you nostro!

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Methinks ...

.... that I can't think of many racers who would turn their noses-up at a free, quarter of a second advantage Nostro. 

If he's got it, I want it. Isn't that how it works in racing circles? 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What represents this

4kmph & 0.2 seconds is a very moot point though Reverend. I say riders. Wosi & coy scream, horsepower, gearbox, money, MSMA stitch-up, cheating and whatever else in a pathetic attempt to justify the ever limper wrist of the world nr.6.

Some trifle perhaps?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Nostro sure can pick 'em..

On the same bike..Jorge would be faster than Pedrosa by what?

I say half a second or so..which put's the Honda advantage at a good three quarters of a second.

Pedrosa is the luckiest rider alive to still have that seat. It's all down to his passport and Stoner chucking in the towel.   

Limp wristed Rossi showed him up for the pussy he is at Qatar. He's getting beat by a rookie on the same bike and will have to retire in shame..because he wouldn't dare sling a leg over the Ducati.

Nowhwere to run to baby..Nowhere to hide..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I think Lorenzo

would get quite a shock if he slung his leg over that Honda. Not as bad as Rossi's rude awakening on the Duke, but a shock of sorts nonetheless. Outside of his Derbi years Lorenzo hasn't had to ride a difficult bike. Could he ride the Honda? Would his U arc style suit it? Could he run as fast as MM & DP? I doubt it.

That M1's a three quarter second advantage right there. How else can you explain the performances of a Superbiker like Crutchlow.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're an Orange Plum you Banana..how can we take you seriously?

The might of Honda, wedges of folding from Repsol, the longest serving HRC rider in history not to win a title..and he's better than Lorenzo?

Pulease..you're a joke Pal.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

OH,I THINK NOT

Second luckiest rider alive,by a long way.We all know who sit`s atop that list......Mr.Set-up queen.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices