Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

Valentino Rossi praised fellow Yamaha rider Cal Crutchlow after the Briton easily beat him to claim a fantastic fourth place finish in the first MotoGP race to be staged at the state-of-the-art Circuit of the Americas (COTA). Crutchlow was thrilled with his COTA debut after he claimed the scalps of Rossi and Stefan Bradl in the 21-lap clash. Both were expected to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 09:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Buell...

"Also if you read my post properly I said I agree with most of what Justbe said simply because most of it is true."

That's fine... so long as you agree that some of it isn't, which you've now said you do... Bulto was just highlighting what was wrong which you not only decided not to do, but then criticised him for doing... since you haven't actually pulled him up on anything he's said one presumes that effectively you agree... cool.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Biased

Yes I am. I met Casey when he was in 250's through a jean and clothing company called Free Soul that was a minor sponsor. Miserable git ignored me and the other half when it would have taken 2 seconds to talk to us. Never met Rossi but my brother did and he took photos of him and had a chat for a couple of minutes. Both great riders but its more than that in life, as fans respect goes both ways and Casey didn't respect the fans at times so that is why I am biased.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

you are obviously entirely entitled to consider

stoner to be a miserable git as much as you wish alex. What his fans mostly object to is extrapolation from this to him not really having won 38 premier class gp races and 2 world championships because you don't like him.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I am not detracting from his achievements one bit the guy is a legend on a bike as all the riders in all classes are and I have huge respect for what they do. But he is the only bike racer that has blanked me. Considering we were at a sponsorship do in London and not a track that had a huge bearing on his actions that day. I met Shakey Byrne in a shoe shop in a shopping mall called blue water and he spoke to me for over ten minutes. An absolute star. As I said I think what he has achieved as a racer is awesome and its a shame he left the sport.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

imo alex what stoner did as a premier class gp rider

is a little superior to what all the riders do, with the obvious exceptions of Rossi and Lorenzo, and what Marquez is likely to do but hasn't done yet. Shakey Byrne is a good bloke who obviously deserves respect as well, but him being prepared to talk to you doesn't make him a better rider than Stoner.

Your experience of Stoner was as a 250 rider when he possibly had less excuse for being brusque, but I don't blame him for being wary of the general motogp public after what he copped for doing his job, ie winning races and championships, as a premier class rider.

Rossi being possessed of style, grace, charm and wit in addition to his enormous talent is great for him, his fans and the sport, but doesn't imo mean he should automatically win every championship he contests, or that all riders should be expected to resemble him personality wise. Many of the champions of the past tended towards the taciturn side of things, with only the late great Bazza Sheene being more of Valentino's personality type in my memory of things.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I am not talking about their riding skills at all I am talking about there people skills which is a very important way to endear your self with millions of fans around the world. It is a disgrace that he was booed at the British gp, but some look at as you made your bed lie in it. As I said before, the season would be better if he was there, but he is not, he has gone to V8 supercars and is already endearing himself by slagging of Mark Winterbottom and causing a twitter row. IMO not the way to go about your rookie season in a series that you are unfamiliar with. If he rode horses they would be very high ones.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Cal the diplomat

Here's old wooden teeth's take on Bautista.

”It’s hard, you know, when some DICKHEAD pulls a stunt like this, risking the careers and lives of everyone around him.  The %$#@& guy was still changing gears when everyone else was on the brakes.”

Totally endearing people skills.  And tweeting about Barbera.

"Not happy at all this afternoon! We should have been on the front row but as per usual Hector Barbera is pissing about on track!

Stoner's biggest PR problem was that he made Rossi look second best.  The Poms hated him because he was Aussie and they're miserable jealous trolls.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

But if Cal is talking about unsafe riders, then fair enough.Being a "pom", I don't dislike Australians or am I jealous of a country where the wild life wants to kill you in so many interesting ways. Another thing that Casey didn't do was interact with other riders i.e play golf, tennis or whatever in the paddock so other riders found him distant. Like I said you dont win 38 moto gp races and 2 world championships by being crap. And this is not trolling.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Tetsuo

Cal gets lots of criticism by Brits for talking nonsense, and rightly so.

Stoner's biggest PR problem is that victim complex he walks about with. Everyone's out to get him, he never got any help, or support, and then bemoans the shit sport of motogp before flying first class back to his Gold Coast mansion.

Reply to this Topic
walter54

Dec 12

walter54 says:

Stoner

TETSUO, The Brits didn't really like Stoner and it wasn't anything to do with his nationality. It wouldn't have mattered if he was a Brit, though he was a great rider, and really that's beyond dispute, as you don't get 2 world championships at that level unless your an excellent rider. They didn't like him because the guy was a bloody muppet!!! He could moan for the whole bloody planet and that's why the Brits didn't like him. I've met wooden planks with twice the personality of Stoner.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle