Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

Valentino Rossi praised fellow Yamaha rider Cal Crutchlow after the Briton easily beat him to claim a fantastic fourth place finish in the first MotoGP race to be staged at the state-of-the-art Circuit of the Americas (COTA). Crutchlow was thrilled with his COTA debut after he claimed the scalps of Rossi and Stefan Bradl in the 21-lap clash. Both were expected to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 09:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

cal

grat's great ride!

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Luckiest?

Stoner. Lands his arse on a 2007 Ducati missile, then in 2011 jumps on to the, by now fully fixed, RCV 800. Then in 2012 sees what's coming and poof, disappears. Perfect timing you have to admit revnob.

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Ah, Val is going soft. He's still shy after his less than honorable comeback. Here's one hoping he regains his spirit and defiance; then, instead of nice words to some anonymous baboon, we might hear chants of war.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Bert, you been at the catnip again?..

..silly boy!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

stoner

is faster than mm,eat that one, and rossi,proven many a time.

cal doing a great job given his machine spec.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

Why is there so much hate? It's stupid. Rossi is 9 times world champion, he is one of the greatest, FACT! Sadly though he has just gotten old, has his confidence knocked and he isn't likely to get it back at this point. All the young guys are in and now he cannot compete at the front and dominate like he used to. Sadly he's old, why hate that? He's done so much for the sport and one of the only ones who actually has a likable personality and isn't boring. Rossi beat Stoner, he beat Lorenzo many times, however as they got into their prime and Rossi went out of his, he's not the force of nature he used to be. I personally hope Rossi makes a great comeback, he had a great first race, I cannot understand and am abit worried about why he was so slow last race. Yeah Stoner won a world championship on Ducati, back in 2007 when it was the fastest and had the best tyres. After that he was nowhere on the Ducati and didn't win a championship until he got onto a different bike. Things change as well, tech 3 is really fast now and Honda and Yamaha are way too fast for the Ducati, even with Stoner on it. All great riders, stop with the childish hate.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

justbe

A really good post all these riders in MOTOGP are excellent riders and l can't get my head around why anyone would want to slag them of, I didn't think Cal was going to cut it in MOTOGP but he has proved me wrong and hopefully in the next couple of seasons he will secure a works ride.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

JustBe + Ratchetman

Well said guys.There are a certain few on here that obviously have achieved very little in their sad pathetic lives and maybe for some devious reason it makes them feel better to put down and belittle these world class riders.
Personally I find it all very sad and wonder how they can even think of calling themselves motorcycle racing fans.
Best policy is to laugh at their piteous  contributions.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Justbe

Read your comments again and ask yourself was there any need to ask your first question after going on to state:

Rossi beat Lorenzo and Stoner many times

They only beat him because he was going out of his prime as they got into theirs

Stoner only won because he had best bike and tyres

Stoner achieved nothing more on the Ducati (disregarding wins and podiums I assume)

Rossi now only being beaten because he's old

Conveniently you overlook the age gap from Rossi to those he was racing for his first 5 titles. Overlook the machinery and tyres he had. The undisputed no.1 status in a team that gave him better equipment than any team mate until 2010.

Going on to finish by stating they're all great riders is a little hypocritical after effectively claiming they can only beat Rossi if he is handicapped which detracts from their ability and achievements don;t you think.

Now think again, was there any need to wonder why there is so much antagonism on forums.

Reply to this Topic
R1MALPS

Nov 06

R1MALPS says:

Rossi/Lorenzo/Pedrosa/Marquez

Is it just me or am I missing the point?

All hold World Titles, pole position, race wins and all are fantastic riders. Personally I don't give a hoot if Rossi is past it, he has won races/titles because he was and still is fast. I do agree the young ones are a force to be reckoned with but Rossi STILL has it. Everyone said Max Biaggi was finished but then went on to WSBK and won titles.

So c'mon guys, they are all amazing riders but the season is long and to write people off is a bit foolish! 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices