Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi hails ‘fantastic’ Cal Crutchlow

Valentino Rossi praised fellow Yamaha rider Cal Crutchlow after the Briton easily beat him to claim a fantastic fourth place finish in the first MotoGP race to be staged at the state-of-the-art Circuit of the Americas (COTA). Crutchlow was thrilled with his COTA debut after he claimed the scalps of Rossi and Stefan Bradl in the 21-lap clash. Both were expected to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 09:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

It's a personality contest

"I've met wooden planks with twice the personality of Stoner."

Yeah, because Cal's such a personality.  Hilarious anecdotes of getting fined for pissing on the grid, sticking ear plugs up his nose ... that shit just never got old.  The self-named "HoneyBadger".  All the woulda coulda shoulda been on the podiums, the wild claims that Dovi's bike was pulling 10 lengths down the straight.  Yeah, Cal is keeping it real ... retarded.  Now there's a fucking muppet.

The level of criticism he gets is so far below what Stoner got and he has achieved approximately fuck all in comparison.  The story doesn't check out.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

walter

The arseholes in england...where I live, didn't like stoner because he was the first person to take it to rossi and win....who gives a fuk about their personality...and they all moan like fuk, rossi moans just as much as stoner or anybody else.he just put clown smile on while doing it and then it seems acceptable for the yellow tinted spectacle brigade....rossi got hammered by a satellite bike which had never there before, what does he do....moan like fuk the disc was cracked ans his front wheel fell off

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Deary me..how bitter is Tets?

Crutchlow's a twat..Rossi's a rentboy..

He doesn't seem to grasp the fact that his humourless whining re-inforces the stereo typical view of Aussies when they don't get their own way.

Insufferable big-heads when they're winning, fkin cry-babies when they're not. No class whatsoever..

Stoner's gone and Australia is bereft of racing talent because you're all dog slow.

Get used to it dingo breath.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

Late reply, don't get the opportunity to use the internet at work

You may not directly belittle other riders, but you most definitely do indirectly. Justbe claimed that Rossi can only be beaten when he is disadvantaged, You had the oppotunity to say hold on, not quite fair, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner have beaten him just as fairly as he has beaten them. At the least you could have said all have enjoyed certain advantages during their time together on track. But again you let it go and complimented him on his comments. Your version of fair minded I guess.

You still lack the perception or understanding that my response was to his comments and fck all to do with Rossi himself.

Your comments are like an archeologist's trowel, each one scaping away layers that reach the inner chamber with the valuable artifact. Unfortunately your chamber is empty, perception and understanding have long since been plundered...

Try and keep up.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

your posts wosi, including this recent one,

demonstrate your very different English approach of course Wosi, not that I agree with  the comments regarding Rossi or Cal.

Stoner has not to my knowledge claimed that he should have won any championships other than the ones he did win, it is the attitude of those of your ilk to the two he did win with which he and his fans take issue; since you bring it up, in regard to those  championships the question of some being sore losers may well arise.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

BB

I admire your persistence, you have obviously been banging your head against a wall for some time.

I actually don't mind people hating stoner, or calling him a moaner, in some ways it was enjoyable as a fan that his success rankled fans of other riders. Like you, I object to his success (and the success of others) being belittled and attributed to bike advantages, and in particular to bike advantages apparently applying for some riders but not others.

They all moan in any case as you say, including the current great one and most of the greats of the past. From my perspective as a Stoner fan most of what was called moaning, which included such things as him not agreeing with the bike that rode itself narrative in 2007, not agreeing that he was mentally weak and had been broken by Rossi rather than having a physical illness in 2009, and not agreeing that his problems in 2010 were down to him and unrelated to the Ducati GP 10, were fairly reasonable positions to hold. I see some humour in those who were fairly conclusively proven incorrect  continuing to label him a moaner for disagreeing with them.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Apologies, Wosi

I've obviously upset you with my comments on Cal.  It wasn't meant as a dig on The Honey Badger - I was just pointing out that Cal does the same things that Stoner did, just as often, plus plenty of other stupid shit that's easy to criticise.  So those that criticise Stoner's personality but give Cal a relatively free ride are full of shit.

Yeah, you called him "twat", but you're not fooling anyone, Wosi.

The best part of your posts was this ...

"Insufferable big-heads when they're winning, fkin cry-babies when they're not. No class whatsoever.."

... followed immediately by ...

"Stoner's gone and Australia is bereft of racing talent because you're all dog slow."

Didn't take you long to go from fking cry baby to fkn cry baby with a big head.  Surely you can't be that thick?  Surely not.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Wrong DF..

Stoner..and others including your namesake, are on record claiming he COULD have won titles 2008, 2009 & 2012.

It was just bad luck that stopped him.

Of course, it was only bad luck that prevented Rossi in 2006, 2007..which he proved by winning BACK-TO-BACK titles 2008 & 2009. 2012 COULD have been his had Preziosi NOT taken offence at criticism of his bike, and done the work neccessary to change it. Not to mention 2010 and proper race injuries.

This is just wosi speculating mind. Rossi is not on record carping about couda, wouda, shouda as he realises it'd just make him look a sore loser with a big chip on his shoulder.

Haahaha..No need to apologise ya blubbering wreck..btw, I thought the best bit was "Dingo breath".

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Call the RSPCA

"Dingo breath".

You have a creepy dog fetish, Wosi.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

as I recall wosi

Stoner said "that's racing" about his season ending injury in 2012, didn't attribute it to the track which he had it would seem correctly called dangerous in 2011, and said that the bike was championship capable in 2009 but he wasn't. Some might see the latter as loyalty to his employer, something with which you are perhaps unfamiliar. You will have to direct me to comments about how he should have won the 2008 championship, since I don't recall any. 

Rossi hasn't ever said he should have won other championships to my knowledge, and it would not be in his character to do so imo; his fans are obviously another matter.

And yes, Rossi's ability to win championships back to back is a particular sign of greatness. I don't see how this has as a necessary corollary that the championships of other riders are not deserved though.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices