Skip to content

Discuss This How do you react to being asked to remove your helmet at a petrol station? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > How do you react to being asked to remove your helmet at a petrol station?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

How do you react to being asked to remove your helmet at a petrol station?

It’s cold, fingers are numb, the sun is setting and there’s still twenty frosty miles left before the warmth of home. But first it’s time for petrol: pull up at the station, unhook the nozzle and the digits won’t budge. A puzzled look at the attendant is met with a tannoy announcement: “Can you remove your helmet please”. pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 15:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

BTW...

I have only had this happen Twice in 35 years of riding bikes.....

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

4th Option

Make myself as much a pain in the arse as I can.

Pretend I can't hear.  If that doesn't work, go in and find out why the pump doesn't work.  Finally make them explain to me exactly what the problem is.

Take as long as I can to faff about, fill up and pay. 

I hate taking my helmet off.  I have long hair (girlie) and it really messes it up.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i keep my helmet on when i fill up my bike but i take it off before i go in the shop. only one has the pump been stoped and that was not in the uk.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Just

Tell them you have extreme photosensitivity and so must keep it on. Pee on them.

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

Faffing is the way to do it. If wet spread everything out getting as much wet as possible and stand at front of que and put everything back on causing a que

Reply to this Topic
Tetley

Aug 02

Tetley says:

Politely ask the attendant if they insist that women wearing Burkas remove them before being served. If they say they do serve women in Burkas ask for the Regional Manager's contact details and tell them that you will be reporting them for discrimination. Make a note of the time and date and other details.  Then, and this is the important bit, report the incident to https://www.gov.uk/equality-advisory-support-service.

Nothing will change if no-one acts.

Reply to this Topic
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

Last year...

I had a run in with a petrol monkey at Tesco when using the Pay@Pump facility.

Skip to the end, I was successful in my complaint the email I received from Tesco is linked below.
http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=2874842#2874842

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Lid removal

I have never been asked to remove my helmet before filling at a garage. However, if was asked to do so I would - but I would be unlikely to use that garage again.

Reply to this Topic
franksumner

Aug 02

franksumner says:

What Problem

Just take your helmet off and go and pay.  If people really behave like they are saying below then its no wonder we get the reaction we do!

Reply to this Topic
franksumner

Aug 02

franksumner says:

What Problem

Just take your helmet off and go and pay.  If people really behave like they are saying below then its no wonder we get the reaction we do!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices