Skip to content

Discuss This Would you answer a call while riding? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you answer a call while riding?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you answer a call while riding?

Bluetooth headsets for motorcycles are quick and easy to fit and use, many with voice activation as standard. But would you answer a call whilst riding? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 16:22)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

No

i ride bikes to get away from the world. its one of the few times i don't have to answer the phone!:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

yes

do it regular 

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Agreed Diablere

When my head is inside my helmet, it's my chance to decompress from all the crap of daily like.  Work, home, responsibilities... all melts away.  It's my little bit of sanity. I'll listen to music when traveling for vacation but not even for a weekend joyride or daily commute.  I enjoy the exhaust note.  It mellows me out.

I ditched the cell phone 6 months ago, frustrated and disappointed with everyone around me with their noses perpetually buried in their little gadgets, oblivious to the real life around them..and saving me 1000 USD/year to boot.  

Reply to this Topic
BarbaricCub

Oct 09

BarbaricCub says:

I used to

When i had A Viper lid with it all built in, i'd use that for phone calls and music.

Strangely though, to say that it's A lid built so that you don't have to stop, take off your helmet and gloves and fumble in small pockets to take A call, it was very wind noisy. Impossible to hear and understand A conversation above 20mph...

Reply to this Topic
StupidRider

Jul 09

StupidRider says:

Texting

I know it is probably not good practise but I have been known to text while riding, have to take off and sit on left glove to manage this though. Can still accelerate, brake, change gear, steer and look where I am going as I don't have to look at my phone to know where the digits are as my phone is an old school one with actual buttons.

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Stupid rider

Hmm i wonder why they call you're called stupid rider?

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Hmm i wonder why  you're called stupid rider? I could think of a much better name for you... 

Reply to this Topic
StupidRider

Jul 09

StupidRider says:

Stupid Rider part 1- 8 (see youtube series) was the inspiration for the name if you must know... No need to get your knickers in a twist, you obviously never exceed the speed limit or contravene any road traffic legislation so are in a position to judge others no doubt!

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Really is StupidRider

There's a big difference between exceeding the speed limit and texting while riding.  One doesn't require the removal of one hand from the bars/clutch which places you in less control and not ready to react at a moment's notice.  Not to mention the redirection of attention away from riding.  Seriously, what's so friggin' important that you need to text while riding?  Damn kids and texting.  Texting sux even sitting still.  Why not actually speak with your mouths for a change.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

no way

Don`t be a fool,we moan about the poxy car, lorry drivers on the bloody phone .is it really worth it really.turn the bloody thing off......Dont be a homer simpson.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices