Skip to content

Discuss This Would you answer a call while riding? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you answer a call while riding?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you answer a call while riding?

Bluetooth headsets for motorcycles are quick and easy to fit and use, many with voice activation as standard. But would you answer a call whilst riding? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 16:22)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

StupidRider - texting!!!!

Can't believe what I read there??? "StupidRider" a better name would be "CompleteArseholeRider"!!!! FFS

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

This is not a dumb fuck's convention

Quite right Busaman and x2glider. Is there no sacred time or place left where these things can't intrude on our lives? I worry about people's addiction to their phones. Biking is still a great way to escape, metaphorically and physically. Why would anyone ruin that by wiring their phone to the inside of their helmet. And I can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to attempt texting whilst riding... and then admit to it in anything other than a dumb fuck's convention.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Why abuse people who would use their phone whilst riding? There are hundreds of reasons why you would want or need to answer it! Partner in labour, house on fire, kids rushed to hospital ETC.

Some people only ride a bike so it'll be the same as someone with a car. Why abuse someone because they have a different need to yourself?

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

are you serious?

One of my loves of motorcycling is to get away from the bloody intrusiveness of mobiles and emails.

Reply to this Topic
pommyjohn

Feb 13

pommyjohn says:

straight away

but only a call of nature    age and prostate prohibit delay

Reply to this Topic
offordc

Nov 05

offordc says:

blue200tdi

I think the area of concern & amazement of stupidity was the fact that he was texting whilst riding & not just talking on a hands free & to be honest i can understand that!!!

Personally i don't have & don't want a bluetooth device so i can use my phone whilst riding, that is my time, i do check my phone when i stop for a cuppa or to fill up just incase the wife or my son need me, they know when i'm riding, either locally or when touring with my mates, so they expect me to be un contactable at times, hell what did we do before bloody mobile phones!!!

Reply to this Topic
TTdaft

Jan 13

TTdaft says:

Simples, on bike is the happiest place on earth!

(NO phones, NO naggin wife, NO pestering kids, NO work, NO traffic jams)

Reply to this Topic
AFKAN

Apr 07

AFKAN says:

Not for me

The whole idea of bikes is that you can get away from it ALL!  There is no call that can't wait.  If this really THAT important then what the hell are you doing out on the bike?  20 years ago hardly anyone had a mobile anyway, and still mankind managed somehow ;-)

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Stupid and blue200

Are you really serious? Why would anyone be dumb enough to answer a phone on a bike let alone text? Apart from being incredibly dumb and brainless you are missing the whole point of Motorcycling, to get away from it all. I think you would be best suited to a Land Rover Discovery Blue200tdi and very stupid dumb ass rider. Get off bikes and stop spoiling it for the rest of us.   

Reply to this Topic
StupidRider

Jul 09

StupidRider says:

Oh I forgot to say...

...I have only ever texted while riding on closed private roads... The same is true of all the occasions I have maxed out my B-King at 167 or my SV at 147mph. And also of all the occasions when I have pulled wheelies, stoppies, massive skids (of the tyre variety), burnouts, got my knees down or done repeated backfires! There are 2 kinds of bikers IMO, everyday riders and nutters of which each come in a wide range of skill levels, the problem is motorcycling can attract the latter variety.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices