Skip to content

Discuss This How often do you clean your motorcycle? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > How often do you clean your motorcycle?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

How often do you clean your motorcycle?

How often do you clean your motorcycle? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 16:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

When

it gets Dirty. duh:blink:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

all the time

gixer....................after every run................dry or wet clean she is kept mint (not a daily tool).....................work bike................i hate to admit this but it even gets a polish once a month, and a wash about four times a week..............but hey, thats how you notice wee faults like oil n coolant leaks as well as punctures.............a no brainer for the thinking biker:wink:

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Motorcycle cleaning

As Diablere says - when it's dirty.  Once a year, usually on return from my annual tour, I have the bike valeted professionally. 

Reply to this Topic
Shrubbie

Apr 13

Shrubbie says:

When I'm in the mood! Sometimes that's more often than it needs and sometimes not.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I clean and polish my bike weekly, but I laughed at the photo above. You gotta be f@cking kidding me right? High pressure hoses and a lathery shampooing, these guys are nit-wits. A perfect method if you want to short out your electricals in a hurry.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Well......

The amount of time that the bikes ridden might also have an effect on how often its cleaned.  For some that use their bike as a once in a while break from monotony I suspect they clean it relatively frequently for the humber of times its ridden. For those who use the bike a lot more regulalry (commuting or working/ couriering) I suspect it's a lot less.

Reply to this Topic
Peakrider2012

Feb 13

Bling Bling

I clean my street bob regularly as it has quite a bit of chrome on it and I want to protect my investment. My MT350 gets cleaned a whole lot less and I never use high pressure jets.It can be good to get in the garage with the radio on to chill out.Not as good as riding them though.

Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

Cleaning

Almost never. I commute all year round and don't have the time or inclination to clean a bike any more than I really have to.

Pretty shocked at the 21% of people that clean their bike after every ride, do you ever get the fucking things out your garages?

Mine gets a good going over 3-4 times a year and thats about it. Obviously chain maintenence is a lot more frequent.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

In the winter every week to prevent salt corrosion otherwise when it’s dirty.

I do find that Honda’s seem to handle the shitty weather better than most.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I never clean them but do pay for a professional valet twice a year................ that wasn't an option either :s

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices