Skip to content

General Harley Curious ..... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Harley Curious .....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Harley Curious .....

Yesterday I saw this Harley and I can't stop thinking about it........Do I need Help ?????

Attached images:

1. 018  
  2. 020  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 April 2013 20:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Sorry Bee

but I just couldn't ride this thing whatsoever

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

everything about that bike....

is the total opposite of what a bike dynamic should be...even going in a straight line at 40mph that is going to be a pain.....I reckon it'd slot in at no 6 on this list.:sunglasses:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

OMG Oldish

I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of you!!

Must agree tho putting the HD about number 6 :smile

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

BB,

I think it's an aquired taste. :biggrin:

Life would be very dull if we all wanted Harleys. The only modern ones I like are the flat trackers and they handle even better than mine did.

I'm quite keen on my little Triumph, but it's taken a very long time to learn to ride that properly. Chalk and cheese, but I have the measure of it now :smile

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

1200 sportster

I ha d a go on one some time ago it was fitted with twin front discs ..... at first i quite liked it untill it came to slowing the fekker down you would be better off throwing an anchor off the back rather than pulling the brake lever ... i think the brake pads must have been made of wattle and daub

SHITE SHITE SHITE

SHITE:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

babyblade....

from the days when going to prison wasn't like going to an holiday camp.....and still isn't in most parts of the World...beelady at least you are speaking from  the experience of ownership.

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Once had a go on

one similar to a harley, cant remember the make some chinese sh*t. Feet forward and in the air, bit like the same style adopted for a smear test, and i felt just as awkward and embarrassed.  :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Harleys

Have never OWNED a harley but have ridden some. My earlier comments are based on first hand experience I had myself and also that of friends. They appeal to some but in my experience can be dangerous if you EVER try to ride them in a spirited fashion and they're also uncomfortable for me. That said though I come from a background of road racing 250cc 2 stroke race bikes/ speedway bikes, then on to open class road race bikes and supermoto so they're somewhat diametrically opposed to the type of riding I'm used to doing.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

riding a Harley

similar to a smear test:shock: excellent comparison, although mine had pegs in the right place.  Still handled like a plate of sick.

Osc- brakes...what feckin brakes, mine didn't have any.  Apart from my inability to ride it which is probably something you learn in time, the components are bloody awful.  Nothing worked properly and I felt like I had Parkinsons when I got off the thing the vibration was so bad

I tried but 4 weeks of ownership was 4 weeks too long :upset:

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

I'd rather have

an MZ Trophy.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN