Go to most recent reply

weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

to the ENGLISH

HAPPY ST GEORGE'S DAY

photo 526463_627625657252705_1771976101_n_zps233ff404.jpg

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 April 2013 08:18)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

England. St George?

Wasn't he a Greek fighting for the Romans??  

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

it's doubtful...

they would have beheaded him (that was for  Romans) probably crucified or flayed/scoured alive....the daily mail says Macedonian (like Alexander the Great)..and I heard a rumour he was a Palestinian bacon salesman.....all these are possible except the Dragon bit...that's just bollocks.:smile

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Either way

He did ok for himself as a roman officer. Respected by Christians and Muslims,not bad going for a Greek.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

except ....

Islam wasn't 'Invented ' until the seventh Century A.D....so if he wasn't a Christian he was some kind of pagan.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Erm....

.....so they can't respect him long after his death then?:wink:

Reply to this Topic
Restricted

Apr 13

Restricted says:

Lol

Do a search on st George and see how many country's he's the patron st for. Look at the various creeds and ethnicity's he represents. The St clearly changes colour and ethnicity depending which country he represents :smile

I have this image of the EDL celebrating St George's day yesterday, flying the  GEORGE flag for a brown Greek/Turk who has never stepped foot in the UK who was not even names George at birth.  LOL.
Thinking about it, regarding the 3 lions England crest. Which part of England actually has lions proudly roaming throughout the country side LOL!
Now I am humming  that traditional English song "Jerusalem", I think that's some we're in Peckham if I recall correctly:lol:
Can't we just have that guy from the tv advert for "PLUS NET" for our patron st, now he fits the bill:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

St Geoerge

Should be celebrated for bringing together all MAN kind - well at least the married man kind, as isn't he the patron saint of "son in laws"?

Think about it:lol:

Reply to this Topic
Stunty69

Feb 04

Stunty69 says:

St Georgres Day...

Started at "silly' O'clock. Drive to leeds to install equipment, show customer how to update software on Audi's. Job done, drive back home, collect dog (and large bill) from vets. Get home, go to play football, then pub for a few pints of recovery juice, home for a curry with Mrs Stunty, then collapse on sofa..... 

Im thinking it would have been easier if it were a bank holiday... much less hassle.............

Hope everyone enjoyed theirs', English, adopted English, or just "joining in"

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices