Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN April 24: World's Fastest Adventure General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN April 24: World's Fastest Adventure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN April 24: World's Fastest Adventure

In this week's MCN, out April 24th, we test the ultimate fast adventure bikes on the Isle of Man TT course We have a Texas GP special on Marc Marquez - MotoGP's youngest ever winner Also this week: KTM 390 world first test, and the secrets of Yamaha's new R1 revealed In sport: Marquez rewrites the record books, Guy Martin back to winning...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 April 2013 14:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Well thats typical of mcns wannabe racers using adventure bikes like sports bikes,what next a bmw s1000 adventure. A measure of a good bike is not necessarily how fast it will go.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Been done mate

:wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hmmmmm

"A measure of a good bike is not necessarily how fast it will go" .....It is if you want a fast bike.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

If I was to buy an adventure bike the out right speed of it would not be at the top of my consideration ,things like mpg and tank range,comfort,service intervals and so on.I agree I would not want it to be dog slow but it dose not have to compete with sports bikes which is what mcn seem to imply with there road test around the island.they may well end up with two different categories of this type of bike i.e. sports adventure and real adventure.

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Fast?

It was only a matter of time before the testosterone kicked in. This focus on 'fastest' seems to miss the point of these bikes. Keep it real for the folk who think rather than swing their dicks about MCN.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

See next weeks sequel. .

when they get an R1, Fireblade, ZX10, S1000R and take them to the Simon Pavey off-road enduro school for another equally pointless test. Still, who cares when you are getting paid to do it!

Reply to this Topic
Powerful Pierre

Nov 03

So what's the point of including the Aprilia when it was clearly not running as it should? Dimwit 'testers' persisting with it when they should have just parked it and asked Aprilia WTF was going on, and ditto Aprilia UK for letting them have it like that. Its not as if they didn't know how it should go as MCN were at the launch in Sardinia....the only guy there in full race leathers no doubt! Otherwise an utterly pointless 'test', just a jolly for the boys....and why do they persist in going everywhere via motorways? Have they no imagination? Sat nav slaves?

If I was in the market for one of these bikes I'd be looking for info related to its actual use not just flat out performance ie luggage/passenger carrying capacity, fuel consumption/range, comfort/weather protection, servicing intervals/costs etc....not whether some dick could get his knee down on it!

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

humm?

Hey, I have an idea, now we started putting road rubber on ‘adventure’ bikes and thrashing them around the island – what if we shortened the forks and shocks a bit, they’d go even better, and we could call them something like ‘road bikes’ and for people who want to do fast distance we could drop the bars a little and put a bit of a fairing on them, and call them, err, I don’t know, errr, how about ‘sports tourers’ … whatchathink?

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

I like the guzzi with its 32 litre tank but the boy racers at mcn seem to over look it in every so called road test.When was the last time they printed mpg results from a test,I would have thought fuel consumption a key feature on an adventure bike,maybe the beloved Ducati is crap on fuel but we will never know because they are to busy riding like knobs to find out. mcn tests seem to consist of racing around a track and have no bearing on reality for most of there readers.

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

A Pointless Test

R.e the comments below, Just wanted to say, well said to you all , i couldnt agree more, a pointless exercise as far as a test goes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices