Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN April 24: World's Fastest Adventure General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN April 24: World's Fastest Adventure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN April 24: World's Fastest Adventure

In this week's MCN, out April 24th, we test the ultimate fast adventure bikes on the Isle of Man TT course We have a Texas GP special on Marc Marquez - MotoGP's youngest ever winner Also this week: KTM 390 world first test, and the secrets of Yamaha's new R1 revealed In sport: Marquez rewrites the record books, Guy Martin back to winning...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 April 2013 14:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dancanovas

Feb 11

dancanovas says:

test

what a waste of 2 quid they take a load of road based adventure bikes and what do they do with them? yep race them round the isle of man tt circuit and then tell you that the multistrada is the best adventure bike because its like a sports bike. they spend 4 pages talking about how fast they are and how good they are on bends, basically, the more like an R1 it is, the more marks it gets. there is nothing about the factors for which people are buying adventure bikes, range, comfort, practcality. Although some of these latter issues are given a grade in the round up at the end, the previous 4 pages read like a moto gp weekend review.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Unpopular thoughts...

...The Honda Crosstourer is absolutely f**king brilliant and if you purchase any other adventure bike without trying one you are an idiot.

Reply to this Topic
RogW

Jun 10

RogW says:

Waste of time

Time that MCN got some new journo's. Adventure bikes are all about, well 'adventure', not speed. Distance in comfort. Luggage and the ride. And why the 990 SMT? when KTM make a bike called the Adverture? Worse still, they've got the new Capo, and it's still running in!! Didn't they notice? And if it's not running well, why not make a call? Aprilia should get a slapped wrist too. Time to pick up a different read?

Reply to this Topic
spareman

Feb 04

spareman says:

I wasn't going to buy MCN anymore after the last price rise, but I relented when I saw that they were going to test the Triumph Sport against some other makes.

What a stupid test! How the hell do people manage to get paid for such self indulgent twaddle?

That is definitely it now. No more MCN for me and over £100 a year in my pocket. I think that's called a win win (for me).

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

'Sports Adventure' Bikes

Can we please get ride of the ugly “adventure” styling and off-road pretense, and just make them conventional sport-tourers?

Oh wait, then they would not sell to those who never ride off-road, but want to project the image that they do (just like Lard Rover drivers).  :(

Reply to this Topic
aaustin2911

May 10

aaustin2911 says:

One reason why they are Popular - Wrists

As a middle aged rider, I moved from a sports tourer (VFR800) to Adventure style bike.
Nope It will not go off road - but guess what
- my wrist don't hurt like a bastard after a long ride.
- my arse and back is not sore or stressed
- my legs are relaxed and not cramped
- traction control, C-ABS and power-maps means I can change handling for conditions

Having had a 50cc,2x125cc, 600cc street bandit, 800cc sports tourer and now 1000cc adventure (custom paint job Versys) - each had its place and with age come the adventure "Style"

Upright, relaxed, tall screen, low grunt, handguards, heated grips --- that's age for you -- when riding in the cold & wet at zero degrees outside temperature - nothing beats it

Reply to this Topic
twiggmj

Nov 03

twiggmj says:

What hapend to the versys poor front suspension choppy ride and poor feed back that you said it had when you first tested it. Has the front end changed for 2013? I have ridden all of these bikes and the Stelvio was by far the most comfortable over long distance, you put it last.You must have allot of padding in those race leathers. Some times I wonder if MCN actually ride the bike they wright about.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Separated by a Common Language

I should clarify that by sports-tourer I meant something such as a Honda Pan European, Yamaha FJR1300, BMW R1200RT, etc. I realize that these are sold in Europe as "touring bikes", while a "European" sport-tourer such as the Honda VFR800 would be sold as a sport-bike in the US.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices