Skip to content

Discuss This Honda VFR owners needed First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Honda VFR owners needed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda VFR owners needed

MCN is looking for Honda VFR owners for an upcoming feature! We need VFR750, VFR800Fi and VFR800 V-TEC owners. Just fill out the questionnaire below and email it with a head and shoulder photograph of yourself to: mcn.news@motorcyclenews.com We'll be using the information to help with our article and there may be a chance you get featured in the paper. Name:Home town:Bike owned:Miles Covered;Why...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 April 2013 14:22)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

well...

..Say what you like about the V-tec system*, its hasn't half aged well seeing as its over 10 years old! Still looks great, superbly built too. *Never hated it, but thought it felt gimmicky, 2006 onwards a big improvement.

Reply to this Topic
richardleonardadi

Mar 06

My VFR

I love my VFR 1989 fk Looks very retro and goes well for a bike that's over 20 yrs old. Great noise when revved hard but it's a big heavy and wallows about a bit but its so good never get rid of it....

Reply to this Topic
buckle62

Jul 09

buckle62 says:

I have  A 1990 VFR 750 with 75000 miles on it... it has been well seviced with history.. at 70000 miles all the covers were taken off  valves checked ..all within tolerences this motor is still as new..one the best bikes i have had.

it pulls like a train and is comfy on long days out..

i also have a 1996 vfr 750....47000 miles this had had a hard life  around the body panels..bought off ebay.went through it..bought it for 1k and spent 800 on it ..this is also  now mint  ..these motors are 100 percent bullet proof and can be thrashed without any problems...this is used every day ..fantastic reliable bike..

i would go anywere on it...the only weak problems on these is the rectifier and wiring plugs to the regulator...i have done a fan mod on both bikes and redone the 3 phase plugs...

they hold  value and will only become a collectors item in the future...

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

V-TEC

I have not owned a Honda VFR (boo!), but the V-TEC engine in two Honda Civics's have been indestructible. First car out of high school was a Civic Si that was flogged mercilessly for the 165,000 miles I had it. Never burned or leaked any oil, and compression was fine at the end (without the engine ever being opened up).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices