Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi impresses in NASCAR test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi impresses in NASCAR test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi impresses in NASCAR test

Valentino Rossi indulged in his passion for four-wheeled motorsport in America yesterday when the Italian tested Kyle Busch’s NASCAR Toyota Camry at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Fresh from a disappointing sixth place in the inaugural Circuit of the Americas MotoGP race in Texas, Rossi got behind the wheel of the 650bhp NASCAR to put in a series of fast laps around...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 April 2013 14:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

DT...

"Is it not better to find the limit in practice than in the race?"

An interesting question... is it more rewarding to test the limit in racing or testing?... witness Stoner's win or bin against Rossi's play it safe & count the points. It was one of the reasons Stoner had the the best stats of any rider in his MotoGP career despite having 4 years at Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Erm ... yes

"At least you admit I'm using logic."

Yes, retarded logic is logic ... and retarded.  Have a gold star, retardo.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

How's it retarded?

Stoner was winning, he got beat, he cracked, then he fell off while winning, twice. Explain that, without some off the cuff flippant remark. Was it not the turning point of the 2008 season? The pressure took its toll?

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

I'll let Pernat demonstrate

Occam's Razor to you.

"I'd say we saw a Stoner in devastating form - Carlo Pernat admitted - I think we owe an apology to this rider.  We often said that he was very fast, but weak mentally. But now, looking at what's going on at Ducati, this was the source of his problems.  His issues were tied to those of the Ducati. And, in spite of that, he still won a championship." 

"Today that same bike is making Valentino look like an ordinary rider. When I hear him say that he just wants to keep up with Barbera, it's shocking."

http://www.gpone.com/en/201108304690/Pernat-We-apologize-Casey.html

Or was Rossi's problems at Ducati just that Stoner had got into his head?

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Oh

Dear.  My point was to make you can look over any given period to suit.  When a rider retires you can only look back at what he achieved in the sport. 

Get over it chaps.  Stoner is gone.  MM has pushed Dani's nose out of joint  by beating ghim in the 1st two races.  And MM has put the nail in the coffin of Mr C Stoner in making a return to HRC.  Lets face it.  MM is more exciting to watch than Casey WAS (before you say, Casey is fast as fook and good to watch) but MM does not get off the bike with a pained look on his face and whinges like fook.  Bikes are all about fun, thats why we ride them and watch them.  Casey is just a miserable t**t, thats why he does not have many fans, fact!

Lets ride on board with Casey.  Leading by 2 seconds.  Comes by the pits and looks at his board.  Gap starts to come down, now says ROSSI 1.5 SECS.  Oh dear, what would the wife say.  Next lap, ROSSI 1.2 SECS.  Right handed corner = tuck the front end, gone fishing

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Hello, hello

23 wins to Stoner on the 800 Ducati, 1 to Capirossi in a wet race, none by anyone else.

See the quote by Pernat. Getting the thing near the lead at all, let alone winning races and a championship, is what was remarkable.

If you want Stoner to be forgotten you probably should stop bringing him up in current threads. If you feel the need to call him a miserable twat in his retirement the question of whether you or he is the miserable twat does arise in any case.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Ho hum

You might have had a point Tets, if Casey hadn't gone and imploded while on the Honda too, and got his arse whipped by little Dani.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Awww

"Get over it chaps.  Stoner is gone."

And so is Rossi's reputation as the GOAT.  Stoner, Lorenzo, and now Marquez - all better than Rossi.  Long may the butthurt of the Rossi fans continue!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

doubt as you will Thomas

nevertheless Stoner has retired with 2 world championships and 38 race wins, which I enjoyed, but seems to rather irk you guys even though he has retired.

I don't have any problem with any other rider's achievements, past or present.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Hey, Sumo!

Don't forget me, you turd. I'm better than Rossi too. Who are you, Schwantz?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices