Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi impresses in NASCAR test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi impresses in NASCAR test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi impresses in NASCAR test

Valentino Rossi indulged in his passion for four-wheeled motorsport in America yesterday when the Italian tested Kyle Busch’s NASCAR Toyota Camry at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Fresh from a disappointing sixth place in the inaugural Circuit of the Americas MotoGP race in Texas, Rossi got behind the wheel of the 650bhp NASCAR to put in a series of fast laps around...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 April 2013 14:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Which reports Bulto?

..or are they just a figment of your imagination. Entirely feasible ain't the same thing.

I think the fact you're getting pished at Rossi's obvious ability, this time on 4 wheels..tells us all we need to know.

IMO..Alonso is probably the best F1 driver out of a very good bunch at present, but he couldn't hold a candle to ANY of the pro riders in the entire GP paddock, let alone Rossi on a MotoGP bike. Ice carts at Vroom?..Hahaha.

Yes..the cars were a little different, but the mere fact Rossi was in the ball park on the same track at the same time as drivers who had thousands more miles and years of experience, illustrates the talent.

2002?.. What about top 7 stage times in the NZ WRC round and beating Colin McRae & Loeb in other less high profile rally events.

Nobody is making out Rossi could have been a modern day Surtees Pal but, once again, Bulto is going out of his way to argue that he is over rated with statements he can't back up.

Rossi's impressive skill on two and four wheels is plain for all to see and it's something you have a real problem with..it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and eats you up.

I love it when he spoils your day.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I have no trouble at all

with believing that Rossi has significant talent as a racecar driver. Why do it when he had such a talent for bike riding though? Pretty well all bike racing is better than all car racing, and even F1 would be a come down imo.

He was probably wise not to switch ( his decision would have been wiser still if he had not had the injuries in 2010) given the time it would have taken to get accustomed to the tracks, politics etc and also the difficulty of competing against other drivers of talent who had been doing it for years, at the age he would have started, in his late 20s.Great as Surtees must have been those were different days back then when neither sport was as big nor drawing from as wide a pool of potential competitors.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

After two days and more than 370 miles around Circuit de Catalunya in Spain, Valentino Rossi recorded his fastest lap time in the F2008 he was testing with Ferrari, a 1:21.9 on his penultimate lap. That’s just off the lap record of 1:21.67 set by former Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen(WC) in 2008. Beg your pardon about the year as it was in January 2010 my mistake and he was using Bridgestone GP2 slick tyres, still after just 370 miles in a car you have never driven its still bloody good, even better that he didnt stuff it into the armco when the track was damp. Motorsport and PR same thing isn't it? Why wouldn't Rossi aspire to be like Surtees the man is an ultimate legend in motorsport and for any racer to have aspirations to do what he did shows a great passion for the path he has chosen in life, much like Stoner going to race cars in Australia, the passion will burn in their souls for the rest of their days to race, wether it be Moto gp or lawn mowers.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Spoils my Day..??

Behave Wosi

As I said earlier, Rossi is no idiot in a car and turned in respectable times, why you think that upsets me says more about your psyche than mine.

I don't like the disrespectful way it always gets reported and on that test, they said he embarassed the F1 regulars which is total bollocks. The inference is always there, with a bit of practise he'd be F1 champ as well. They report it out of all perspective. When someone points that out his fanboys like you start crying foul and snivelling into their hankies

The cars weren't a little different, they were very different, as were the tyres. It doesn't detract from his performance but neither should it be allowed to be reported out of context.

Talking of context, you dismiss Vroom and laud the mickey mouse autotest that's labelled Rally Monza. Fits the Rossi fanboy profile nicely.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

"I don't like the disrespectful way it always gets reported and on that test, they said he embarassed the F1 regulars which is total bollocks. The inference is always there, with a bit of practise he'd be F1 champ as well. They report it out of all perspective."

There's only one person crying Bulto.

Oh..and where's that fictitious report about Massa being two-and-a-half seconds quicker? The entirely feasible one..

Hahaha..Zero credibility. 

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

ha ha bultoboy

do you never tire of being a complete plonker?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I love your rationale Wosi

So you've had us believe in your many rants on the subject, that back in 2007, Bridgestone tyres gave a significant advantage to one rider over other riders using different tyres and were largely responsible for him winning a championship

Now you maintain that there is little difference between an F1 car using slick tyres and an F1 car using grooved tyres (we'll leave the smaller less powerfull engine and less downforce out of it)

Next I guess you'll be telling us that you could fit an M1 with a Goldwing fairing, a set of Pirelli Corsas and still put it on the front row in qualifying

Cedibility? - HoHoHo

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices