Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi impresses in NASCAR test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi impresses in NASCAR test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi impresses in NASCAR test

Valentino Rossi indulged in his passion for four-wheeled motorsport in America yesterday when the Italian tested Kyle Busch’s NASCAR Toyota Camry at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Fresh from a disappointing sixth place in the inaugural Circuit of the Americas MotoGP race in Texas, Rossi got behind the wheel of the 650bhp NASCAR to put in a series of fast laps around...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 April 2013 14:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Lololol

Took you all night to come up with that, Thomas?   Hahahahahaha.

I would normally assume that you've dodged the questions because you've had an epiphany and realised your retardation.  In your case, I doubt it.

Rip out my tongue?  Hahahahahah.  Sure thing, tough guy.

Bob had you completely nailed. You're a dickhead.  To answer your questions

2008: You were a complete dickhead.

2012: You were a complete dickhead.

Too easy to own your stupid arse.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

All night?

Oh, I'm sorry. Were you sitting at your screen all afternoon and all night waiting for a response?

Playing on my new bike you see, then had a few beers. It's good to get out, you should try it.

Dickhead? Eh, super.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

"Playing" on your new bike?

Hahahahaha.  Sure, man.  You got a new bike and just gotta go out for a play.

Dickhead.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Lost in translation Sumo?

Play

Verb:
Engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

All cool

I believe ya, since I found the proof.

http://i.imgur.com/XsspSpR.jpg?1

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Nice

I'm not getting into a pissing contest about who's got the better bike. You've got me beat there Tets.

Lose the beard though, makes you look a bit of a dickhead.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

getting back on topic

Didn't he also "impress" ferrari enough to be offered a drive at the Italian F1 grand prix after doing a 1.21.9 around Catalunya in 2009 but he turned it down? Not bad for a bike racer.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Alex

He's no idiot in a car but you need to put the 2010 (not 2009) F1 times into perspective.

Much is made of the 'he nearly broke the lap record' and 'he was faster then the F1 drivers in the test' headlines but the truth is a little different - regardless of what Buell is going to come on here and tell you after his anti Rossi radar has picked up Rossi's name in one of my comments.

The occassion you refer to was using a 2008 car that used grooved tyres when it raced in 2008. Rossi was using slick tyres and used a new set with minimum fuel to set his time. They can also give the engine maximum power and not compromise on wing settings.

The time they compared it to was Raikkonen's 2008 lap record - a time that was set during the race, on worn grooved tyres, not new slicks and when the engines aren't run at full power. In qualifying, Raikkonen was over a second quicker than his race record, still on the grooved tyres. Give him slicks he'd be faster again probably by another couple of seconds.

The press, Ferrari, the PR people, they all love those kind of headlines and whereas I'm not saying he was slow, he wasn't, he was not close to what the F1 drivers would do in that car. Massa was at the circuit at the time as he was about to get back in a car for the first time since he fractured his skull. He took over the car the following day. Ferrari never published his times but he was reckoned by reports to be 2.5s quicker not fully fit.

Ferrari wanted him for sure, they tried to get a rule change to run 3 cars, but for what reasons ultmately? A PR dream combination it would most definitely have been, but winning races? No.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Which reports?

A lot of people took the fact that Massa's times weren't released because he, as the contracted F1 driver, was slower than Rossi.

No shame in Rossi being slower than Phillipe..not quite the same the other way round though.

There was the test at Valencia 2006 too, an official test with most of the drivers of the time present..Rossi was faster than the likes of Webber & Coulthard.

He's also been very quick in a rally car too.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Definitely no shame at all.

It was also said they didn't release Massa's times as they didn't want to take the shine off their PR with Rossi. Based upon Raikkonen's qualifying time under race conditions, lower grip grooved tyres and needing to carry enough fuel to race with up to the first refuelling stop, the time reported for Massa in the same car as Raikkonen but on slicks with a low fuel load is entirely feasible.

And we've visited the 2006 test sensationlist headlines before. F1 were conducting proper testing of their new 2006 cars which isn't always about blistering one off laps anyway. Rossi was in a 2004 spec car which was completely different. Bigger wings, much more downforce, more powerful V10 engine, wider track. The FIA had implemented changes to slow the cars down in 2006. No comparison between the two specs.

I've no contention if they just reported it as it was, that Rossi had been impressive in his drive in the car ans set some respectable lap times. But they always have to sensationalise it and start claiming he has shown up regular F1 drivers with his times without acknowledging the true picture. A bit like some on here that will only have it that he can't be beaten in Motogp unless he is disadvantaged in some way. It's the lack of respect to the other riders / drivers I can't accept.

Back in 2006, everyone was doing the usual fawning job over Rossi's times except Alonso who said he could probably do the same on a bike given the practise (being Spanish, he probably could...) Rossi laid down a challenge of Motogp, F1 and Rallying which obviously never materialised. When the two finally met on track at Vroom, Alonso came out on top every time.

Rallying? - shall we talk 2002 Rally GB - all over in a couple of minutes...

Anyway, what are you doing venturing into the world of F1. Your entire knowledge of F1 doesn't stretch past that dodgy chain of hotels that houses even dodgier women...  seeing as we're talking of things being over in a couple of minutes...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices