Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso waiting on Ducati upgrades MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso waiting on Ducati upgrades

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso waiting on Ducati upgrades

Andrea Dovizioso says all he can do is be patient and push at 100% while waiting for a series of upgrades to be rolled out by Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad later in the season. Small updates for the Desmosedici GP13 machine might be forthcoming at the French Grand Prix in Le Mans next month but bigger changes to try and solve...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 April 2013 14:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

IMHO, Dovi is the most complete rider on the grid - bar none.

Well he should have no problems when he is in WSB in 2015 then....

In 2012 that bike was brand new to both Dovi & Crutchlow. It was the first year as a 1000 so you cannot say it was the same as the previous years bike(Stoner's Championship winning 800 wasnt the same as Capirossi's 990 was it) so he should have beat Cal with all the extra experience he had and being a "factory" rider to boot and yes,he did do better than Cal last year but not by a great deal in reality and Cal certainly had the greater speed,just lacked Dovi's racecraft but that is coming.

The 2013 factory Yamaha ride was clearly his on merit ...

I agree that he did do enough to get the ride but it speaks volumes that Yamaha decided that there was a greater chance of Rossi getting back to a level that he had previously occupied than Dovi taking a step up to a level that he has ,so far,been unable to reach.They were not so eager to let Lorenzo get away when the choice was between Rossi and him,kind of tells you exactly how Yamaha really rate him doesnt it.

Yes,he did beat Pedrosa in 2012,but you did conveniently leave out the fact that Pedrosa missed 3 races(75 points) while he was injured and still,on equal machinery,Dovi only beat him by 9 points...IIt all hardly adds  up to anything that points to (what is one of the most laughable comments ive ever heard as it goes) Dovi being the most complete rider on the grid .

He is a good,solid rider,he will get you a few podiums on his day,maybe the odd win(1 so far) and will regularly place in the top 6 or 7 in the world ,but that is about it. As long as Lorenzo,Marquez,Pedrosa(and maybe even Rossi) are still about then there is not a snowball's chance in hell of him winning a Moto GP championship,even if that Ducati ever gets good enough(which it wont).

As for his "blistering qualifying speed",well so far he hasnt done anything that Hayden didnt do last year so that is still way up in the air,plus regardless of how much better he has qualified than Rossi did on that bike,he isnt finishing any higher up at the end of the race so it hardly counts for much now does it.

It will be good to see him having a good battle with Guintoli,Laverty and Sykes in a couple of years though i have to admit,they should have the Panigale sorted by then.

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Going fishing..

Thats got to be the best bite ive ever had ....Cheers Benny.

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Medicine..

I just thought you may like a small dose of your own,rather poisonous,medicine chap. I hope you enjoyed it,i know i did.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

rev

could not have said it better

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Dovi the most complete rider!

OH. MY. GOD.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

No benson, no -you're wrong..

for reals.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

oh and benny..

I'm not even sure what your previous comment re podiums etc was about? I think we may be a bit slow on the uptake here in darkest Africa... apologies ;-) Bottom line here for me is that Dovi has done VERY little in MotoGP, despite even having a go of a Repsol Honda -hell, even Nicky was consistent enough to come away with a championship. I realise that you are a huge fan, and that is just fine. But there is no way he is a more complete rider than say JL? Come on, be serious man.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Benson

well, you've got a sense of humour no doubt haha!

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

if only..

MCN had comment editing capability like Facebook then I could retract my epiphany! #dovi #GOAT

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

#Dovi #GOAT

#Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT #Dovi #GOAT

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices