You are in... Forums > General > General > Thundersprint 2013

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Ish42

Apr 13

Ish42 says:

Thundersprint 2013

What a weekend.  Absolutely brilliant.  From wobbling round on my new favourite track, to the bloke that lent me a corner of his pit garage and all the big names and owners of exotica that were more than happy to chat to a bloke with a taped-up 90's roadbike, just great.  

Highlights?  Being personally introduced by the organiser Frank Melling to six-time world champion Jim Redman, and watching him come past me and two hundred other loons in the Cavalcade parade like he was on his way to Tesco.  Class.

Friendliest marshals anywhere too, every question was met with a smile and a laugh, I got into the top ten in the new Powerbikes class and "I'm less than nine seconds slower than James Ellison" is never going to get old!

The Thundersprint has retained all the elements that have made it such a well-loved, "must do" event and is now bigger, better, faster and more picturesque.  I'll be going back to Anglesey Circuit for a few (a lot of) track days and I'll definitely be riding at the Thundersprint again next year, if I can get in.

Roll on 2014.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 April 2013 15:25)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Is this

the event that used to be in Northwich?

Reply to this Topic
chriskit

Apr 13

chriskit says:

Thundersprint 2013

A great circuit and a very warm welcome. 

Thanks to all who arranged the event.

We'll be there next year... hopefully in the dry.

PS It was in Northwich.

Reply to this Topic
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

Dumped Northwich

Yep, the organisers dumped Northwich as they reportedly wanted to get to the 'next level', despite the local council offering a £40k grant plus another £40k in equivalent support in kind. The grass roots urban vibe has been dumped in favour of gaining some  commercial mass by the looks of it...it's now a national aimed event rather than a north / north west identity and support for regional biking...silly pricing strategy too - £10 a day at gate pls £20 for a camping pass...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices