Skip to content

Ask an Expert High idle!!!! Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > High idle!!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

nik666666

Apr 13

nik666666 says:

High idle!!!!

My idle on Derbi senda x-treme 72cc 2-stroke with a dellorto carb 21 is too high (2000-2500rpm) and it doesnt fall. 

Theres not a problem with the throttle cable, there are no air leaks on the vacuums and the idle screws are adjusted fine.
 Also the carb is clean.
What could the problem be? When i put 1st gear in theres a hit on the gearbox since the rpms are high and it will destroy it. Sometimes when i put 1st gear the engine stops after the hit.
Please i need an answer fast because i am going to sell it in 3 days and the buyer will hesitate with this problem.
Thanks

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 April 2013 16:53)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Derbi Sender X-treme 72cc 2 stroke Year?

Hi Nik666666 and welcome to the site:smile

Have you had the carb apart to clean it? if this problem started after a repair you had carried out yourself i suggest retracing your work to find the problem,if not recheck all the things you have checked as you may have mist the problem first time around(something holding the carb slide slightly open ie cable or poor adjustment).If it definitely isn't any of the for mentioned,then you should be looking at a more serious air leak somewhere or the choke mechanism isnt seating properly allowing too much fuel in.Good Look

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
nik666666

Apr 13

nik666666 says:

Derbi senda 2007 model

Thanks for answering.
 I checked everything and the  problem keeps in Winter i think, on Summer this doesnt happen ( at least last summer).
 I was storing the bike now in winter and went out for a ride every week for maintenance and i guess the idle started on its self getting higher, little every time and i hadnt noticed it too much untill now.
 I didnt check the choke and never have i used it.
Could it also be the reeds?

Maybe i will check it out someday!:laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices