Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez expecting tougher times ahead MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez expecting tougher times ahead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez expecting tougher times ahead

MotoGP sensation Marc Marquez has admitted that he faces a difficult challenge to continue the stunning start to his premier class career in 2013. After a brilliant third place on his debut in Qatar earlier this month, the Spaniard became the youngest rider in history to win a MotoGP race last weekend when he won the inaugural Circuit of the Americas...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 April 2013 09:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yup...

His best chance to win was at COTA... no-one had race experience there so it was the levelest the field was going to get... as it was the circuit favoured the set-up of the Honda this year so he was even more fortunate. Expect Yamaha to be more prepared next time.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

COTA was hardly the stroll in the park

Marquez had a few front end folds to save along the way to the chequered flag. COTA a Honda track my arse.

He may not have experience of the bike, but he does know the tracks, he's got Stoner's old crew chief in his corner and the corresponding data of the man he replaced who's style and build he is not dissimilair too. The current spec of 'stones are far more compliant than the hard and cold 'stones of 2010/2011. The Honda's near enough the equal of the Yamaha and the young man himself as a double world champ knows how to bring home the bacon. Marquez is being modest. He's in this title hunt alright.

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

Make no mistake about it....... Not only does Marquez want to win the championship at his first attempt but he is also capable of winning it!!

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

yes

Honda and yamaha have an equal net performance...yamaha seems to have a bit better chassis( or maybe more accurately prioritize bike developement around the chassis more); honda has a bit stronger motor( or honda prioritizes bike developement more around drivability aka smooth acceleration and top speed)...as we have all seen, yamaha appears to go around corners better, and honda gets out of corners better. Which bike is better i think depends largely on style...all of the greats can ride either, but probably do better on one than the other. Just a thought but id wager casey would win more races on a honda than a yamaha, and jorge would win more races on a yamaha than a honda due to their riding styles being better suited to one over the other. Im basing this guess on dovis performance on both honda and yamaha...he did win a race on the honda, but he did more on a satellite yamaha than he did on the honda...due to his riding style...Anyways marquez is awesome but he will crash a bit as he learns...its good to see him taking points off lorenzo early in season...i just want to see a close fight this year with no one running away with it....at least for the first half....dani and rossi are still getting into their stride and will make it an exciting 4way battle....this could shape up to be the most exciting season of ALL TIME no matter who ends up on top...favorites right now obviously are jorge and marquez(similar dynamic and age to rossi/lorenzo 08), with dani and finally vale in order of PERCEIVED chances...for me im rooting for dani with rossi 2nd come november...it will be interesting to see how jorge handles being the elder fighting the hotshot rookie on one front, and being the favorite with a very fast teamate on the other front...pressure pressur!! He has never been in that position...before, he was the young upstart and lately he has been battling his peer group...This is much different....it stings more when you are the old guy being beaten by the next generation....as rossi has known but dani jorge and casey have never had to deal with....

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Careful Choccy Cams

Large tracts of that was sensible. This is unfamiliar ground for you. I think you'll find Dovi on the podium a fair bit on the RCV though.

Keep it up and you'll be losing those quite unnecessary yellow trainer wheels.

Reply to this Topic
walter54

Dec 12

walter54 says:

Rossi

Whilst I agree mostly with the article it has to be said that Rossi didn't start on a four stroke MotoGP bike he started on a beast of a 4 cylinder 2 stroke which would have thrown Marquez much higher than a MotoGP bike threw Lorenzo. There's only a few riders left racing quality class that did 500cc GP's as they were, Rossi, Checa, walker and Leon Haslam if memory serves me right.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

lol nostril

Thanks....it is my mission to show you that some of us can be both rossi fans AND racing fans...not just one or the other...the yellow training wheels have been passed on to my little boy so that he may know the word of god too.... Cheers lol

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

There's only one God Choccy Cams

and he goes by the name of Eddie Lawson.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

YOU CALLED ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle