Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo’s boss praises ‘incredible’ Marc Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo’s boss praises ‘incredible’ Marc Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo’s boss praises ‘incredible’ Marc Marquez

Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha boss Wilco Zeelenberg has praised Spanish rival Marc Marquez after the Repsol Honda rider won only his second MotoGP race at the spectacular Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in Texas last weekend. After dominating a private Honda and Yamaha test at COTA last month the 20-year-old then delivered a virtuoso display on Sunday to become the youngest...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 April 2013 09:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
naj46

Nov 12

naj46 says:

Marc

I think ppl are over exaggerating on Marc's performance. Reasons!! He started with a perfect bike When he was in 125cc then went on to Moto2 with kalex which dominated the Moto2 field and still does. And this year he comes to Motogp on a Honda that just kicked ass since the past two seasons. Unfortunately Casey had to sit out from injury which led Jorge on to winning the championship. Otherwise he wouldn't have If it wasn't for Casey. So basically Marc is the lucky bastard that Honda is the best package on motogp grid. My question is, will he as quick as he is now if he was riding on a Yamaha or would he be as quick as he is now If vale and Jorge were on Honda.!!!!!! If you ppl out there know the answer(s) please discuss.

Reply to this Topic
naj46

Nov 12

naj46 says:

He surely does have talent. No doubt abt that.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Kalex?

Get your facts right - he rode a Suter in Moto2. Been watching the sport long?

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

and let's not forget....

....Moriwaki won Moto2 in 2010, Kalex won Moto2 in 2011, and Suter won Moto2 in 2012.  That's domination by the Kalex that is, it's clear for all to see, I've never seen such a one-sided race series, you may as well call it the Kalex Cup.....

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Shows what little I know

And there I was thinking that Marquez cruised to the Moto2 crown on a bike that was, in fact, inferior to the one all the other top contenders were on.

Were you paying attention last year, you would have noticed half the Suter riders abandoning a sinking ship faster than the rats. Marquez is on the Honda, because he is, in fact, sodding good. If you don't believe me, ask his team mate; a guy who has won 22 MotoGP races, and looks like he's about to be out of a job.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Surely

The real winners in Moto 2 are Honda? It was lucky that all the planets aligned to give such an average rider the win at cota! Now where is that big bag of mind altering drugs gone?

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Colonelclaw

Well said mate, you don't get a repsol Honda ride unless you are damn fecking good, all this bollocks about riders only winning on the best machinery, what did dovi do at repsol? What did spies do at yamaha? And Marquez is leading the championship? I wonder if rossi has posters of him on his wall? Btw I'm a rossi fan but Marquez is mega hot property

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

naj46

No one is overstating Marc's performance. He's on the repsol because he's that good. Why do you think HRC lobbied to get rid of the rookie rule? Now, he may not win the championship but he's an unbelievable talent. At this level, being on a Honda helps but you still have to ride the danm machine. I'd loved to see Casey come back to replace Pedrosa and watch these two going at it.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

tamounga

That's exactly what I was thinking watching the race.....marquez and s***** going at it

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Lots of people predicting Pedrosa's departure at end of season.   Seriously  - who would you choose to replace Dani ? He hasn't finished lower than 5th in the championship since 2006 and that was down to injury. Is there another Marquez out there? - is there anyone in MotoGp or CRT capable of stepping up ? Is there anyone in Moto2 or Moto3 capable of stepping up ?  I reckon Dani will keep his seat at least till 2015.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices