Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo’s boss praises ‘incredible’ Marc Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo’s boss praises ‘incredible’ Marc Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo’s boss praises ‘incredible’ Marc Marquez

Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha boss Wilco Zeelenberg has praised Spanish rival Marc Marquez after the Repsol Honda rider won only his second MotoGP race at the spectacular Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in Texas last weekend. After dominating a private Honda and Yamaha test at COTA last month the 20-year-old then delivered a virtuoso display on Sunday to become the youngest...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 April 2013 09:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

bike advantages

All riders of factory hondas or factory yamahas have bike advantages over the rest of the field, at least for the majority of each season, so I don't see why MM should be picked out as having a bike advantage in particular. As has been pointed out, spies and dovi didn't win many races on factory machinery, and certainly not their 2nd race in the premier class at the age of 20 as MM did, and it is not as though he had no record in the other classes either.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Patience, so far & Redding.

What's immpressive about MM is how hard he is pushing and how much patience he is exercising. MM could have binned it in Qatar chasing Rossi but he apparently showed restraint.

Pedrosa should leave at the end of the season and a Honda boss has expressed exactly that. As for who would replace Pedrosa? Simple. Pick one of the top moto2 riders. Redding seems to be a good choice in my eyes along with Espargaro who did a wonderful job competing with MM on what was clearly inferior equipment. Even Bradl should be included.

Spots in motoGP are given out on merit but they are also given out based on but many products can be sold. MM is a winner on both counts. Whoever fits this criteria will get the spot. MM gets the title and the other helps with the constructors title and helps sales for the sponsors as well.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Patience, so far & Redding.

What's immpressive about MM is how hard he is pushing and how much patience he is exercising. MM could have binned it in Qatar chasing Rossi but he apparently showed restraint.

Pedrosa should leave at the end of the season and a Honda boss has expressed exactly that. As for who would replace Pedrosa? Simple. Pick one of the top moto2 riders. Redding seems to be a good choice in my eyes along with Espargaro who did a wonderful job competing with MM on what was clearly inferior equipment. Even Bradl should be included.

Spots in motoGP are given out on merit but they are also given out based on but many products can be sold. MM is a winner on both counts. Whoever fits this criteria will get the spot. MM gets the title and the other helps with the constructors title and helps sales for the sponsors as well.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Please remove double post MCN...

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

If he doesn't hurt himself, he'll be king of the hill.

Reply to this Topic
naj46

Nov 12

naj46 says:

To all....

I agree with every one who thinks MM is a talent. But in my opinion i just think he is lucky enough to be on a good package. I would love to see him with Rossi on a Honda or him with loserenzo on Honda.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

NAJ

I don't think MM is lucky.  He is a fooking quick rider and all but matched Rossi progress through the ranks so far.  If he does not win this years WC then he will win it next season.

Just compare MM with Bradley.  Both jumped from Moto2 to MotoGP this year.  MM Vs Dani so far is 2 from 2 in favour of MM.  Now compare this with Smith Vs Cal.  Its two from two in favour of Cal and so far Bradley has not even got close to Cal in terms of lap times

MM will only get better and has already proved that he is worth a factory HRC ride

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices