Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP remembers Daijiro Kato MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP remembers Daijiro Kato

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP remembers Daijiro Kato

Last weekend’s inaugural MotoGP race at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) marked the 10th anniversary of the death of Japanese rider Daijiro Kato. Kato lost his life in an accident in the opening round of the 2003 world championship at Suzuka when riding for the Italian-based Gresini Honda squad. All Gresini bikes in all three classes at COTA sported tribute 74...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 April 2013 09:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Motorcycle racing is akin to a 'life-threatening disease'!   These guys risk their lives each time they sling their legs over a bike.     RESPECT to all riders who have lost their lives racing bikes.  R.I.P.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Ring of Fire

You should read 'Ring of Fire' by Paul broadbent.  Has an insight on how Kato's death was handled trackside - quite controversial reading against the Sport.  Still, doesn't detract from the fact another rider lost his life doing what they love.  Imagine he's racing Simoncelli and all the former greats on that racetrack in the sky...

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

Always remember

I can't believe it's 10 years, time really does fly. Daijiro Kato really did seem to have the potential to be one of the great riders of his day. So much potential never realised.

Others, like Wayne Rainey, Andre Malherbe and Joan Lascorz have to live with permenant disability

To all the trolls and haters who insult and be-little racers, on this site, just remember what they risk. Sitting here I think of Kato, Marco, Joey, David Jefferies, Tomizawa and all the others we've lost to our favourite sport and wonder why people who don't have the ability or balls to be a professional racer love to insult them so. I guess it's just jealousy and inadequacy.

Show respect for the risks they take for our 'entertainment' and revel in the spectacle.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Well said pacman...

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Here here

I met a young rider that lost his life at the Manx gp called Wayne Hamilton at the Nec just before he had his accident in 2011. Nicest kid you could meet. We got pissed with him and his dad. The respect we should have for these guys should be massive.

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

Well said pacman. I can still remember the way the marshals carted him off that day - shocking.

Reply to this Topic
tomoijsg

Jun 08

tomoijsg says:

Couldn't have said it better myself pacman, all the bitchy tossers that regularly frequent this site ought to shut up and appreciate the best motorsport in the world.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

im ashamed

To realize that marco is dead...obviously as a fan he was not my personal friend but he was a great personality and racer...lost my dad during catalunya of the same year...at his side holding his hand as he died...so when marco died i was at least able to understand the feeling a bit....with marco still alive, this season would have been even more epic than it will be as is...marco vs marc would have been very interesting....as would have dajir vs vale....10 years...wow...i was still a young man then, but at least i got to age....

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

oops

Im ashamed because i totally forgot...

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

You have to feel for the Gresini team for what they have being through first losing Daijiro then Marco :(

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices