Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP remembers Daijiro Kato MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP remembers Daijiro Kato

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP remembers Daijiro Kato

Last weekend’s inaugural MotoGP race at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) marked the 10th anniversary of the death of Japanese rider Daijiro Kato. Kato lost his life in an accident in the opening round of the 2003 world championship at Suzuka when riding for the Italian-based Gresini Honda squad. All Gresini bikes in all three classes at COTA sported tribute 74...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 April 2013 09:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

Sadly injury and in thankfully rare cases death are part of this great sport. There are perhaps more respectful ways of saying this than the poster below seems to have managed. All fans should have massive respect for these guys as well as people like Fausto Gresini, who despite losing 2 riders still fields bikes in every category in GP racing.

Reply to this Topic
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

Daijiro Kato

To "The Right Pratt and Twat of Wales".... SHUT UP and show some respect!!!

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Amen Rev

Amen.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

VFRDork

Simoncelli vs Marquez???? If Simoncelli would not have been in the same ballpark as marquez on a factory honda how the hell would he even be in the same sport on a Ducati (his logical career progression as the arrogant immature fool screwed up the rolled gold opportunities that were afforded to him due to his popularity with the tabloid obssessed brit biking public). Fair dinkum think before you come on here with your sad school girl fantasies.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

time to move on...

I do wonder about these tributes to dead riders. They are dead so let's move on. Tributes like this are BS in my book.

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

@princeofrepsol and you know this how??? I can recall many 'experts' writing off both Stoner & Lorenzo when they first arrived in the premier class as they were regulary firing themselves into the scenery. Your golden boy himself has been guilty of some questionable riding in the past although I agree he has been incredible this year. Riders generally learn & progress, your assumption that Marco Simoncelli would not appears as ridiculous a ''school girl fantasy'' as the post you seem to be attacking.....and who knows had he gone to Ducati he might just have been the guy to tame it? Sadly we never got to see any of these hypothetical scenario's.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Well it's the tenth anniversay of the man's death. If we don't remember him now, then when? I think some of us need to reread our posts from time to time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices