Skip to content

Discuss This Nominate the best place to live! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Nominate the best place to live!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Nominate the best place to live!

MCN wants your nominations for the best place in the UK for motorcyclists to live. We'll use your answers in a forthcoming feature. We're interested in places with access to great roads, bike meetings, events, tracks and races. We want to hear about cities, towns or villages but not entire counties or regions. It could be somewhere famous for a big...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 April 2013 16:25)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

I'd reckon

somewhere like Coedpoeth (ready access to North Wales - ohh.....maybe not) or more likely somewhere on the edge of the Peak District - Macclesfield? Chesterfield?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
JonathanWardUK

Apr 10

Yorkshire Dales...

I'd say probably somewhere near Grassington or Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales. Definitely near the B6265 which is a lovely road and certainly rivals anything the Peaks has to offer. Places such as Matlock bath (and the Peak District in general) are a bit too highly policed for my liking.

Reply to this Topic
xXLewisXx

Jun 12

xXLewisXx says:

Yorkshire Dales

Yorkshire Dales or maybe North Wales, Isle of Man or Isle of Wight as I'm a fan, though Hampshire is quite nice too. I am now a Poet.

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

Macclesfield

drive in any direction for awesome

Reply to this Topic
jeffiom

Apr 13

jeffiom says:

Isle of Man

the isle of man is the ideal place, got the TT, southern 100, MGP, and everyone knows everyone, even the police wave back at you!

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Hereford

easiest access to Wales without actually having to live there. just don't tell anyone!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

France!

Preferably Loire valley or the eastern side with easy access to the Alps or south to the Pyrenees. Then its not far into Bavaria, Austria, Switzerland etc. We can all dream. I'd buy a second house over there if I could afford. As for Isle of Man or Wight, I think you would soon get fed up of being stuck in such a small area, and I have it good authority the roads on the Isle of Wight are crap.As it is, I'm still happy with the north of England because in less than an hour, I can be in the Lakes, North Wales, the Peak District or the Yorkshire Dales!

Reply to this Topic
Tetley

Aug 02

Tetley says:

drawbacks

I really love the Isle of Man, but would soon tire of same selection of roads everyday. The Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and Peak District  have great roads but too much traffic and too many Police wanting to fulfil their quotas. East Lincolnshire has a mix of challenging roads and not too many Police, but gets crowded at Bank Holidays and Summer weekends.

East Yorkshire has the winding coast roads, the bleak but beautiful North Yorkshire Moors and even the loop known as the Yorkshire TT. There are lots of well-frequented meeting places such as Squires at Sherburn, Scarborough Promenade, and Helmsley Market place, For circuits, Olivers Mount at Scarborough provides the UK's only Racing circuit on Public Roads, and Cadwell Park and Croft are popular BSB venues within easy reach. There's even sprinting/drag racing at Elvington.

So I'd say that a great place for a biker to live would be somewhere within a 15 mile radius of Beverley.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Best place to live.....

.....I would say it would have to be Southern France or Northern Spain, I currently reside in South Wales about 20 miles or so from the Storey Arms and Some really nice roads to ride the bike on.

The Cafe in Llandovery (A40) Abergavenny and surrounding roads are all local for me but and there is one big but! the weather in this part of the world is only describable by one word..............SHIT!

Constant Rain, Usually fine in the week when working, once the weekend comes....thunder and storms.

So for me it would have to be south of the English Channel and possibly south of all of France as well.

Reply to this Topic
tubad

Nov 10

tubad says:

1 of the best places to live ...

is Pooley Bridge on the end of Lake Ulswater in the Lake District.

I lived there for about 4 years and it gave me access to some of the best roads (especially if you ride a supermoto lol)

You can just bimble along and enjoy the scenery or pin it and enjoy the "giggle factor" all the way from Pooley Bridge past Glennridden, up Kirkstone Pass and then down a section of road that's like a moto-X track made of tarmac called the struggle into Troutbeck Bridge. From here turn left along the road that will take you past Lake Windermere and on into Windermere itself for a breather and a coffee.

All in all a brilliant set of roads that will I guarantee put a smile on your face cos it does for me as I ride it fairly regularly, because I now live just up the road in Carlisle 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices