Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride

Last month MCN travelled to Austin, Texas, for our first ride of Ducati's new 1199R, their ultimate superbike. Check out what road tester Michael Neeves thought of the bike around MotoGP's newest circuit. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 April 2013 16:58)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Zinfandel92

Apr 13

Zinfandel92 says:

Maintenance interval

Hi Shiva, sorry, I think you're wrong. The maintenance interval of 15.000 miles is only valid for the valves.
Generally, the maintenance intervall is 12.000 km, which is about 7.500 miles. Still not bad.

Reply to this Topic
comfysofa

Apr 13

comfysofa says:

I must say ive always looked at the comments here (its nice to see what other people think and are thinking). Ill put my 2 cents in.....i can see where he's coming from, but the comments from die hard jap fans is a little harsh. Started off my biking life 22 years ago on Jap stuff - had a break from bikes up til about 4 years ago - went and got a jap bike again, then another - then made a bit of a leap of faith (and bought a hypermotard 1100s) now, while i couldnt get on with it i could appreciate the build quality, yes, it was reliable - yes it went well, yes it handled - didnt like the sound...but thats me....i swapped that for an RSV4 factory which i currently have and couldnt see my self getting rid of, reliable, handles, sounds nice, looks nice - thirsty but thats not what its about. To add to that i bought myself a KTM 660 smc which is great fun. Point being is that jumping back 4 years ago i wouldnt not have even looked at anything european - period. But, at the moment for me theyre ticking all the boxes. Having said that ive never owned a blade and would love to!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

SHIVA

“But a rider who knows about spirited riding, knows about cornering and such and to be so narrow minded and inept to worship a company such as Honda that sells 15,000,000 bikes a year most of them POS small CC in Southeast Asia or Yamaha that sells nearly 10,000,000 of the same garbage is beyond belief.”

You just identified yourself as narrow minded and inept in the above statement. Those 25 million bikes Honda and Yamaha sell each year in SE Asia will provide years of reliable service with minimal maintenance.

“Ducati sells only 44,000 bikes a year and all of them are hot.”

Uh no. The standard Monster, Hypermotard, etc all need serious suspension improvements if used for anything but posing.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Hey MCN

Having to click a link to show all the comments is annoying, as is the video auto-play – auto-play when coming to the page, auto-play when showing all comments, auto-play after posting a comment... BASTA!

And tell Neevsey it is “Doo-cah-tee” and not “Doo-cat-tee”.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

piglet

just typing words don't make for a statement. 

I don't expect you to get my point, but don't reply with gibberish.

44K bikes is a testament to a company that is always on the cutting edge.  They set a standard.

15 million bikes is a testament to a company that is just into low end extremely high volume production, same as making laundry detergent. 

No need to reply,. I am sure you get it wrong again.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

First off let me say that I like most people in to bikes like all bikes and wish Ducati well,yes the bike looks good and sounds good but would you not have in the back of your mind that all the testers say it is not perfect and bikes like the BMW s1000 handle better ,it is a shame that Ducati seem to have made a fundamental error with this chassis.It is a good job Audi are the new owners because this sort of thing could bring them down and that would be a great lose for motorcycling.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

SHIVA

You are presenting opinion as fact, which is always the sign of an invalid argument.

But thanks for playing - better luck next time.

Reply to this Topic
4418geoffg

Aug 07

4418geoffg says:

It's not doing it on the track and this one here cost more than my first house. People are losing there jobs and these are selling like hot cakes- what's going on!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Panigale

All that money for a version of the bike that can't win in WSBK

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

SHIVA you are biased

I wouldn't expect any criticism of the Panigale from you as you have worked promoting Ducati. http://racingshiva.com/, lists Ducati as one of your clients. You aren't going to bite the hand that feeds you. I don't work for Honda, Suzuki, Aprilia, BMW or Kawasaki. All these manufacturers build better, faster and cheaper bikes than Ducati does on a dollar-for-dollar basis. SBK is showing the limits of that bike. Ducati is a marque, a name, a status symbol. The people who buy these bikes are just like the Harley owners you deride IMO. Just posing and showing off. I would much rather buy a 'mass produced POS' like a CBR1000R, spend a little cash tweaking it and then depositing the remainder of the money I've saved into the bank, than buy an over-priced full spec Ducati.  A bike that doesn't even have a frame!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices