Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride

Last month MCN travelled to Austin, Texas, for our first ride of Ducati's new 1199R, their ultimate superbike. Check out what road tester Michael Neeves thought of the bike around MotoGP's newest circuit. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 April 2013 16:58)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

Crapigarle

lololol what a shed

ol Neevsey likes a over hype

bike for numpties as always down the years

twice the price of my Jap bike and half as good !!!

most people buying these will have two inch chicken strips each side of a rear tyre

IF IT AINT JAP IT AINT WORTH OWNING  !!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Gixercarl

That's a brave move, talking about chicken strips...

Neevesy, MCN

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Gaytucker

Have you ridden a Panigale or are you a bleeting fanboy? The only person I saw ride the Panigale in anger was Bayliss at Yas Marina. He rode it by the scruff of its neck and had it sideways all over the joint. The only problem is that Yas Marina is as flat as a pancake and the bike should have been as smooth as silk. When you make a motorcycle, make sure it has a f@cking frame. A superbike is not an F1 car. It needs the flex and feedback that a frame gives. An F1 car has downforce and huge sidewalls that dampen the sideways thrust. A motorcycle does not. Every single bike that has had an engine as a stressed member, has been ultimately been a failure on the racetrack. Carlos Checa hates the new Panigale. He is a diplomatic guy and wouldn't explicitly say that, but he said the bike is, "very sensitive to suspension changes". That is simply a euphemism for, "it handles like a piece of shite". By this he means that the bike has a huge dead-zone in terms of suspension adjustments. It does nothing for ages, then all of a sudden the smallest change makes a huge difference in feel. This equals total failure as a race bike. You'd be better off buying a Japanese bike and spending some cash freeing up the engine and suspension, along with some braided brake lines for the front.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Lots of passionate but worthless spewing of turd

overall IQ of this group of user comments are 50, just about a 4 year old, with no disrespect to real 4 year olds.

nobody likes fanboys.  but the Japanese bike fanboys are even more conformists and narrow minded than the Harley ones. 

At least with the Harley riders, you feel sorry for them, you know they don't know better.  They can't ride, certainly can't corner and they don't know anything from motorcycling, except to pose and what they are told to wear, do and say in their collective bubble of prefabricated H-D lifestyle.  Bunch of paper rebels who make their bikes louder and louder to compensate for lack of skill and machine.

But a rider who knows about spirited riding, knows about cornering and such and to be so narrow minded and inept to worship a company such as Honda that sells 15,000,000 bikes a year most of them POS small CC in Southeast Asia or Yamaha that sells nearly 10,000,000 of the same garbage is beyond belief.

What pea brain is stupid enough to not only think that, but actually publicly admit it.

Ducati sells only 44,000 bikes a year and all of them are hot.  Now, that's a damn legit motorcycle company and I am no fanboy.

Yes, I have ridden the Panigale S and have done extremely detailed review of it too.

I am not endorsing that everyone should sell their kids to buy the US$30K "R."  But a hot bike is a hot bike.  If you can't admit that, you are just jealous. 

bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Panigale/panigale3m.jpg

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

If i spend 30k on a harley it will be nice and shinny and good at cruising,I would not have to spend half that on a jap bike for it to perform well.With this Ducati you pay for the best but in is not as said by Neevesy in the film,it would be like dating a cover girl and finding out she is useless in bed.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Tell That To Gobmeier

@I US$30K "R." But a hot bike is a hot bike. If you can't admit that, you are just jealous.

if thats the same with ducati then i know now why they can't compeat!! they dont need that last second! it nice red isn't it..... thats enough. because in racing who want to finish first???? nobuddy right!! last year biaggi was crying out loud because he had won the championchip he didnt wanted that at all.

hahahahahaha you realy sounds dumb!

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

a friend of my had a 1198 and every 3000 - 4000 km he had serieus problems, engine broke clutch broke that kind of shit. it didnt take long the bike cost him twice the price. btw he rides a jap now in time it needs some oil and pertol.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

yzrm1 confirms my point

Thanks YZRM1 with your nonsensical post (tell that to the...) and confirming my statement.  bad grammar and spelling and I have no idea what you are talking about.  I take it you are a Japanese bike fanboy?

re your statement about bad reliability on Ducs.  that's just a myth.  the same myth says BMWs are liable.  It's all just some nonsense that propagated back in the '70s and people still use them.  BMW make some of the least reliable bikes.   On the other hand, the maintenance interval on a Ducati Diavel is about 15,000 miles. that's right 15,000 miles!

Also your point about your "friend" with the "1198"  I am sure you just made it up...

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Sorry

but im not lying about that. maybe you a duc fan. and duc fans always say it has great emotion. well i get it, you get emotional if it keeps breaking down!!! so duc riders must be right. and about the 15.000 milies, how can they say that if it keeps breaking down way way befor 15.000 miles. duc can say anything. and my bad grammar and spelling is because i dont live in UK. try to make the best of it. sad to say but even in dutch magazines the duc 1198 was unreliable. but....but has great emotion. but emotion comes with massive $$$$$. in wsbk on gpone they said the engine was unrelliable. hell even the non frame is unreliable. What if all electronics were removed by ezpeleza??? you could not ride the p(v)aginale. its the only bike out there that realy need the electronics to ride.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

two Ducatis and one MV Agusta under my belt, and all totally reliable and huge fun.  i'm biased because the jap bikes do nothing for me, but it's my choice, my money and i'm hooked on the italian stuff.

and i don't ever feel the need to criticise others for riding something different.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices