Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride

Last month MCN travelled to Austin, Texas, for our first ride of Ducati's new 1199R, their ultimate superbike. Check out what road tester Michael Neeves thought of the bike around MotoGP's newest circuit. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 April 2013 16:58)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Still work to be done with the Panigale to get nearer to the aprilia rsv4 which is proving to be quite something, although I believe the Panigale will become the new benchmark.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Typical......

....£26000 worth of bike and "the sterring is slow" and it has a "weave" at high speed?

No thanks, for that money i want the bike to be perfect, not still in deveolpment.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

wtf.!!!

whats that???? you would stil buy it after your comment???? if the panigale is build for top performens and it doesnt deliver it realy, YOU say its not about the last second?!!! if you dont want the last second bike, then buy a zzr600 .!! For me at the moment if u could chose it would still be a S1000RR or R1.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Weave!

If you wanted to be killed by a waywardly handling V-Twin, save £24500 and buy a TL1000S.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Even Better

even better is this. save your money. 2014 new R1 and new cbr1000rr are comming.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

I DON,T GET IT

The whole reason you are shelling out all that money , is for the BENCHMARK, not something your not searching for the last second on.  DOH. At the end of the day it,s a ROAD bike and is it a great road bike or just  an over priced Gimmick. I,m sure the new Generation of super bikes will be better. I,m a V twin fan but short stroke high revving twin,s sort of defeat the purpose of twin power.  An ol DS 1000 motor in a good lookin package with out all the electronics would be a great Real world bike in my mind.  I realise thats not what this bike was made for but i don,t think it meets the brief it was built for, if it is designed from a flawed and shelfed design that is no longer used by Ducati Corse in GP .  Every new bike seems to be the latest and greatest only to be super seeded by the next bike on test. Throttle cables may almost be a thing of the past but does that really make all these bikes any better in the enviroment most of them are ridden.  I,ll keep my money in me pocket thanks. 

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

26.5K for a bike without a frame. No thanks. Rather an R1 or a GSXR and spend some cash getting Ohlins, a full titanium exhaust, an ECU reflash and PCV.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Who cares about lap times anyway err try Ducati you idiot and if it just has to sound good buy a new harley for half the price,Ducati got it wrong with this bike just like motogp.This bike is for people with more money than brains,you could buy a bmw s1000 and a gs for the same money.

Reply to this Topic
garytucker63

Apr 13

garytucker63 says:

Awesome Panigale!

You morons and your negative remarks don't get it. You have to own it, you have to ride it, you have to see it. Nothing compares. Imagine the most awesome awsomeness you can and then multiply it by ten. Stick to your American slugs and Japanese rice burners - enjoy mediocre biking if that's all you can aspire to. Bravo Ducati - passion and emotion - the ultimate biking sensation.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Awsome bikes exept panigale

you have to ride it to feel it all the perfect mechanica the exeptional steering the perfect feeling. . Imagine the most awesome awsomeness you can and then multiply it by ten. stick to a pizza bike as weak and tastless and you will never be able to feel real emotion real feeling real riding by bike made in Japan. look at motogp thats emotion Yamaha Honda!!! there's no passion in loosing year after year. kawasaki made a blistering fast bike in 2004 the zx10r. that bike is way further then that massive slow steering ducati.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices