Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment

Nicky Hayden and Ducati MotoGP boss Paolo Ciabatti believe Claudio Domenicali’s recent appointment as CEO of the Bologna factory can only be a major plus for its MotoGP and WSB projects. Domenicali took charge of Ducati after the sudden and shock departure of Gabriele del Torchio, who left to head up Italy’s national airline Alitalia. Domenicali is renowned for his love of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 April 2013 10:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Top appointment

Very much the right man for the job. Ducati through and through. Domenicali strikes me as a both a brilliant engineer and a talented manager.

As for the old yellow torch bearer. Off to Alitalia. A basket case airline if ever there was one. Enough said. Thanks. Goodbye.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Strange as it may seem

(to some people) - I am actually delighted that Ducati may be progressing with new management - MotoGp really needs another manufacturer to disrupt the Honda/Yamaha cup series.    As for the claim that Bridgestone could sort the problems in two days - smacks of Burgess's claim for the 80 second fix (which in actual fact is a remark continually taken out of context.  Anyway good luck Ducati - bring it on - can only be a plus for MotoGp.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Tosh Saturn

it was a comment driven by ego and hubris made to demean. A beautiful in your face backfire resulted.

Nostro just got all wobbly kneed in his lunch hour walk. A gloriously put together Tonti framed custom Guzzi cafe racer has appeared around the corner.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Lesser riders

No more, no less. No hubris, nor ego, simply words that have been twisted, melted down and reforged into a large stick with which to beat poor Jerry for daring to state the obvious about the satellite Ducati riders.

What does Valentino like in a bike?

“He likes a bike that has grip and that would be front and rear. But you have to maximize the package, but I can see that Casey and Nicky run quite different settings on the bike, just from observations of the geometry on the bike.”

Which would Valentino be closer to?

“Difficult to say, without knowing where the weight is on the bike and how it behaves. But, without question, I don’t anticipate any major dramas. I can watch some of these lesser riders on the Ducatis and you can see that the bikes are, in my opinion, unsuitably set for what they want to try and do with them. I’m not saying anybody’s doing a bad job. I see these things wobbling around. When I think, clearly, if we had that issue with Valentino it’d be fixed in 80 seconds

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yep thanks Tom

pure unadulterated hubris.

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

race wins vs bike sales

I don't know much about Alitia's position in the airline industry, but heading up a national airline company must be a career advancement. Ducati may not be winning races but they sure are selling a lot of bikes. From the stakeholders' perspective, Del torchio is certainly not a failure. Racing fans will disagree, but what really matters to a company is the bottom line on the annual statement.

Bike sales may eventually suffer in the long term with persistent lacluster performances at the track. That's where Domenicali comes in, I suppose. On the other hand, you could make Stoner and HRC (in case of contract ramifications) an offer they cannot refuse, and start winning again. Then again, it's best to improve the bike for the less gifted ones, as incredible riders are hard to come by.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Tamounga...

An excellent post and a point frequently overlooked (or ignored) on this site by the 'gifted (some may interpret that as 'special') and knowledgable fellas on these forums....  when it comes down to it, it's about positive figures on an annual statement...  that's it.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

How is it out of context?

These remarks were made right at the very beginning of the Ducati fiasco:

“Difficult to say, without knowing where the weight is on the bike and how it behaves. But, without question, I don’t anticipate any major dramas. I can watch some of these lesser riders on the Ducatis and you can see that the bikes are, in my opinion, unsuitably set for what they want to try and do with them. I’m not saying anybody’s doing a bad job. I see these things wobbling around. When I think, clearly, if we had that issue with Valentino it’d be fixed in 80 seconds”.

When the unimaginable reality kicked in, and looking back too, it seems to me that a number of those words look less than accurate? I think " I don't anticipate any major dramas" is much more damning than the 80 second part but that's just me.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

rev

if you make your name any longer im going to have to get a bigger comp screen at work. with that said duc sales dont depend on racing wins thats clear. look at harley they only can do flat track and thats a dying sport (great racing though) and they sell shit loads of that crap here!

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

73 Mach...

Haha.. That made me chuckle mate... although the Rev's response didn't quite so much ;-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices