Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment

Nicky Hayden and Ducati MotoGP boss Paolo Ciabatti believe Claudio Domenicali’s recent appointment as CEO of the Bologna factory can only be a major plus for its MotoGP and WSB projects. Domenicali took charge of Ducati after the sudden and shock departure of Gabriele del Torchio, who left to head up Italy’s national airline Alitalia. Domenicali is renowned for his love of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 April 2013 10:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

shoe laces

that hits home!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

St. George

Wasn't he Turkish? Wosi'll be cheering on Super Glue this weekend on that basis.

Mach3 man you cannae compare a purveyor of boat anchors sold to knuckle draggers and stick on tattoo'ed weekend warrior doctors, lawyers and accuntants with the fine products of Bologna who's very commercial foundation is built on it's track racing success over the past 25 years. Even if the dim guiding light of Ducati's previous CEO did take them down the same said wankerisation marketing lane as Milwaukee marine.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Good riddance

Del Torchio that is. He has his moments as a marketeer and thats about it. The tyre issue is a real one and Gobmeier is about right. CRT have special attention right now and its showing. Prototype tyres are focused on Yamaha/HRC. Total reversal relative to 2006 when Michelin were top dog. Bridgestone stealth via Ducati stole the scraps outside of European rounds,then exploited the 2007 season to their benefit. Shock and awe to the extent that everyone and his rosy hound proclaimed Bridgestone the best,which they clearly were not over a seasons length. Bridgestone 1st,Michelin 2 and 3 and whatever.

The Ducati/Bridgestone project brought them ever so close in 2006. Then of course 2008 saw the shift in favour of who cares.  Garage walls and sundry shit.

What the hell,none of you need a history lesson.

Turnsy392 least of all. Sum of 14. You hoping Ducati compete for the rostrum this year or ever ? My ass.

Oh yeah,nice one Nostro. Your post and the Guzzi.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

i sale

nostro i sale fine triumph, yamaha and suzuki motorcycle in the 38 years i have been in the m/c game never have i worked at a H/D dealer! i have more self esteam than that!

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Je me demande

I mean we've all known for years that a change in tyres would undoubtedly help the Ducati, yet last year, when a tyre change was introduced, there was uproar in some quarters. Those very same double talking, forked tongued quarters are now demanding a tyre change.

Je me demande pourquoi?

Postscript - Oh, Dovi's cool!

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Nostro..

Sorry for being pedantic, but 25yrs????

Ducatis racing heritage is usually traced back to 1972 Imola and Paul Smart and Bruno Spaggiaris 1st and 2nd places on the 750 Desmo.
Anyway, I`m sure there can`t be any normal person who doesn`t wish them well and we get more competition up front.
I hope I`m wrong but I don`t think Dovi will be the man although I appreciate many do. I think he`s peaked already. I`ve said it before but Ianonne is also a bit of an overhyped rider. I don`t see him up front in any consistent way. Spies. I feel for him and wish him well, but....well...No. Not him either.
Nicky? A guy I`d love to see do well, but I just don`t see it happening now for him.
As a Ducati fan I hope I`m totally wrong in my assessment and they all come good, but its going to be a long road back.
There`s plenty of talk about certain riders getting the best kit, but who are the best riders right now? MM, Jorge, Dani, Vale and dare I say Cal? I don`t see any of them lining up for a ride on the Ducati. Its common belief that Cal dodged a bullet when they backed out of his deal.  No my friends, I find that mostly riders get the ride they deserve.
Good luck Ducati and I hope they get a few podiums here and there.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Tom my confused old blooded mutt

What the good Reverend (an oxymoron if ever I've written one - on multiple levels) is pointing out is the economic perversity of the single tyre supplier rule that Rossi's Uncle Carmelo brought in.

The factors that drive development have the over riding stench of yellow as they have always done. Whilst a welcome development the 2012 rubber was driven by one single Dorna commercial  imperative - make Rossi more competitive - a nigh on impossible task in the face of the young guns. All the whilst ignoring the true aim of racing - FASTER!

As Gobmeier stated at COTA (albeit in rather idealistic terms) competitiveness is far more easily (and cheaply) done through the black hoop world than mechanical engineering. On one hand Carmelo states cost cutting is one of Dorna's primary objectives, yet with the other he ties the factories hands to the printing presses of development money. This is classic statism nihilistic control. Maggie would've never allowed such a ridiculous scenario.

So what we now have is a failed attempted at manipulating the status quo which is no longer considered a priority by Rossi's dodgy Uncle, because he's pulled other strings. Remember last years Carmelo assertion  "Rossi will be on a competitive bike next year" long before any signatures were on paper.

The putrid stench of decaying yellow politics lingers still.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Cheeky.

My 25 year reference is the new world order post Dr. Taglioni, with the 8 valve engine designed by Ing. Bordi. Ducati was on the bones of its arse commercially prior the this machine and WSBK with less than 10,000 units per annum.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Okey

Dokey!

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

I agree your Nostroness

To a point. You have to have rules to slow them down. But the whole single tyre rule in the name of cost cutting is a farce, I'll agree there. Don't forget though that the introduction of last years tyres was welcomed by all, except for Honda. Honda not getting their way is the exception not the rule.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices