Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment

Nicky Hayden and Ducati MotoGP boss Paolo Ciabatti believe Claudio Domenicali’s recent appointment as CEO of the Bologna factory can only be a major plus for its MotoGP and WSB projects. Domenicali took charge of Ducati after the sudden and shock departure of Gabriele del Torchio, who left to head up Italy’s national airline Alitalia. Domenicali is renowned for his love of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 357 days ago (25 April 2013 10:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A lot of pontification and guesswork from your mate Spalders Wosi.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

the seeking of bike

advantages has been the avowed object of premier class gp bike racing for most of its existence wosi, although Dorna may morph it into world championship wrestling in the near future.

Despite your usual threadbare sophistry, it is nonsensical for you to complain about some having them and not others, particularly as such a strident fan of a rider who has (very worthily) won all his titles on factory Yamahas and Hondas. I have no problem if Valentino did have advantages for some of his titles btw, if he did (and as opposed to you I say if, except it would seem rather likely in 2002) he had them either because he was contracted to be on the best bike due to him being the best rider, cf Honda going after Marquez, or developed the bike to be the best, often both.

Argumentum ad hominem is also the last resort of the desperate as you again illustrate. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Change the record....

Coming from you Wosi..  that's a laugh, you must have the most abused soapbox in history. Didn't realise you had exclusive rights to repeats either.

You can maintain what you like but there is no conclusive proof as to how much time that gearbox saves. Obviously it's better otherwise they wouldn't use but enough of a time saver to give their riders a significant advantage? Subjective. These experts you refer to have all given their opinions and they vary from 0.1s to 0.5s a lap. Bit of a difference. And a lap of where exactly, which circuit? Or do they mean any circuit.

This is the sort of inclusive garbage you'd jump on if someone else was usiing it as an argument, spouting off about credibility, but because it suits you in your argument to put Honda down, you use it. You and the credibility you always accuse others of lacking don't always go together do thry...

Stop crying,  you're whining louder than the dry bearings in your C90. The Yam and Honda balance themselves out over the course of a lap. Lorenzo smoked them at Qatar without too much effort, a track you'd pronounced a Honda track beforehand. At the moment, the bikes seem pretty even, the riders will make the difference from race to race.

And the only orange I have any affinity with is KTM enduro bikes. I've never been a fan of Honda and they haven't made a single road bike I've thought wow, I'd like one of those. Yamaha and Suzuki are my preferred Jap bikes mainly because of their offroad stuff and the riders they've had. But Kawasaki trumped them all with the Z900

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So now we've established

The M1 is clearly the superior machine on the grid with it's combination of slick gearbox, linear intuitive power delivery, sweet steering and refined manners, it's a truly impressive feat by the Repsol boys (rookie Marquez in particular) to have performed so well to date.

Old closet HRC lover Wosi, with his garage stuffed full of a C90, Benly, CX650 (Turbo no less), and rumoured Fairyblade, will poo-poo such an assertion, all the whilst developing a bigger hard-on for Marquez. Seems he's potentially close to overcoming his nasty yellow puss infection.

This Yamaha dominance is clearly displayed in the performances of the Coventry tax exile Cal. A superbike rider on a supposedly second grade M1 who continues through pre season and in the two races to date to post very rapid and competitive times, albeit that he is still lacking the 'eenth degree of race savvy - which is a little worrying in one so experienced. Not to mention a very lucky young Bradley Smith who's performed very creditably to date on the M1 despite his very mediocre C.V.

Which brings me to a satellite HRC boys - Bradl and Bautista. Both of whom have under performed - least not at the quite obviously (to some giddy media & MCN fools) HRC track of COTA.

Bradl surprised early season last year and I along with many others thought (least not HRC and Nakamoto himself after a maturity spike a rider sometimes has with Bradl's well deserved Moto2 title) this might lead somewhere. Sadly Bradl has not taken this next step to date. And I fear he is his fathers son (despite the title, and change up of class). His riding looks a little 'tight' and even awkward to me. So as a pseudo tectonic being I'm disappointed the very likeable young man has not performed better. Rapid as he, he's not likely to ultimately make the grade. A podium or two should come his way this year. But the long term prognosis looks a bit flat for Stefan. Special mention for Checcinello. LCR.MC is an uber cool website as the Reverend has previously drawn our attention to. Here's a team really trying to drag to sport forward despite DORNA.

HRC disappointment nr.2 Bautista. Some slack should be cut for him with his hand injury I suppose - given we do not really know to what degree it is hindering him. Yet it is hard not to escape the conclusion that Alvaro continues on from where he was the moment he graduated to 250's. Inconsistent. He so looks the part on a motorcycle with a relaxed fluid style. But once more it's hard to see him moving out of his Barro's like occasional flash of brilliance modus operandi this season. Yeah I know he's a little up against it (or is he?) with Showa and Nissin's (as is Stefan), but Bautista now has a season of data under his belt. I don't see any real excuses. He needs to harden up and fight a bit better when the going is a little tough, as well as just bring the damn thing home more often.

Both Alvaro and Stefan should be running with Crutchlow and the world nr.6. Both also need to look out for a soon to improve Ducati with Dovi. The indicators are there that he may well leap frog all four of them in the second half of the season.

The three Amigo's (all Aliens now) remain a class apart though. Untouchable by the rest over the course of a season. This is an almost nailed down certainty.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Honda, who as a company market themselves as an engine manufacturer, build strong engines that accelerate quicker , Yamaha go for smoother handling. Simple really. We will never know how much difference the seemless box makes unless Honda let Yamaha have a couple to try out. That is the only way you would get a exact comparison

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Nostro

Just to clarify. Bautista is running Showa and Nissin. Bradl is running Ohlins and Nissin. This is only a guess but in the past customer Hondas redline 500rpm lower than the works bikes.

What I don't understand is on the Repsol Honda website they state

"Created by Brembo, the front brakes are Nissin four-piston caliper and the back Nissin twin-piston caliper"

Reply to this Topic
bluAero

May 12

bluAero says:

Nostro...

Good stuff on the mid-pack Honda's. I like hearing abut all the riders, not just the top 4 all the time.

However your untouchable, three amigos comment connot go unchallenged - obviously. Two of your amigos have already been touched quite firmly by one of "the rest", "over the course of a season", and we're only two rounds in.

If "the course of season" is rounds 3 - 18, then it remains to be seen. I'm hoping your amigos will be touched early and often. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ooh Nostro..

Just to clarify..I'd be more than happy anytime you'd like to relieve yourself over my ample arse cheeks.

Hahaha..shirtlifter.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle