Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati MotoGP effort boosted by new CEO appointment

Nicky Hayden and Ducati MotoGP boss Paolo Ciabatti believe Claudio Domenicali’s recent appointment as CEO of the Bologna factory can only be a major plus for its MotoGP and WSB projects. Domenicali took charge of Ducati after the sudden and shock departure of Gabriele del Torchio, who left to head up Italy’s national airline Alitalia. Domenicali is renowned for his love of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 April 2013 10:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Tosh eh Nostro ?

Seems to me that Burgess had just read from - ''Nostro's Book of comments'' driven by ego and hubris made to demean.

You funny old stick you cant' see the parallel in your own words.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Rubber Jonny..

I think Ducati have proved they need special treatment. They can't win a title without dispensation..Seems Stoner was the same.

All that moaning last year when he was the one shouting about his crashes in 2011 on rock-hard rubber that was impossible to heat..when he strolled to the #1 plate.

Be careful what you wish for..

The riders wanted better cold temp. performance for safety. It was democratic They got what they asked for..and Stoner got beat by Pedrosa.

Soft rubber didn't help him out 7 minutes in to Indy QP did it?

Fk all to do with Rossi and his Uncle. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

of exactly which crashes

in 2011 do you speak Wosi? I recall a crash at Jerez which was the result of an injudicious kamikaze move in the wet by another rider, but no other race crashes at all, and few practice crashes, none of significance.

You still haven't explained to me why bike advantage was so important in regard to the 2007 championship (the only championship win by a ducati rider), and apparently now the 2011 championship, but not the other 26 of the last 30 won by factory honda and yamaha riders, or how Stoner winning 22 races on the ducati 800 against 1 by any other rider was due to bike advantages.

The control tyre rule is and always was stupid, and neither levels the field nor saves money, except perhaps for Dorna's funding of the satellite teams.

(EDIT Anyway enough of this, even for me. Continued repetition of the same old arguments by me and everyone else is unlikely to lead anywhere at this stage. It will be interesting to see how the Yamahas look on the tighter european tracks, and whether Dovi can do anything with the aluminium space frame chassis bike with the engine staying in its current configuration given a whole year to work with it. I presume they will be looking at the power delivery etc which Rossi identified as a problem even if the actual configuration proves to be the problem eventually.Can't see why Bridgestone can't develop a wider range of tyres even given the control tyre rule though).

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Nicky was pissed?

Never heard Nicky speak that way about someone else in an interview, with the exception of when Pedrosa took him out back in 2006.

As for tyres? Having competitors on different rubber makes for an exciting season but in 10 years time it will not be a talking point.

Honda does get it's way but not always. Honda even had Bridgestone tyres back when the only other team running them was Ducati. Interestingly Nakano (who was running with Bridgestone) said that if tyre data went to Pedrosa (which it did) he would like to recieve full Honda backing (which he did recieve).

Politics make it frustrating but without politics life is boring, just ask Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
spindizzy

Aug 02

spindizzy says:

Ah Wossi, yo might mention that the rubber that Honda ended up having to use in Indy was the version that both their riders declared as being more dangerous than the previous version but were forced to use against their protests. You never let facts get in the way of a good delusion, do you?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Jesus DF..

..do you need everything explained?

“I was disappointed there wasn't a red flag.  One crash after another and there was no red flag in these conditions. What if all of us got injured and couldn't race for the next couple of weeks?

I wasn't the only one with the problems and this was another Bridgestone incident. They are trying to bring softer rears to make it better but honestly it didn't make it any better.

"This is the softest compound they have on the right and still we are not getting any temperature. In the front we are also struggling and a lot of riders went down today."

Casey Stoner. Sachsenring 2011.

Spindizzy: Repsol were the only ones complaining. The other riders including Bradl & Bautista were happy. They all voted for the new rubber. Pedrosa didn't do too bad second half of 2012 when he got his bike sorted did he?..or should Bridgestone be expected to bulid manufacturer specific tyres to keep some riders and factories happy?

Same tyres for everyone. Can't say fairer than that.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

What exactly is your

point wosi?

You made a post to the effect that Stoner crashed frequently in 2011; I don't recall him doing so as I said, he in fact crashed once in a race through no action of his own and won 10 of the other 17, one of which was cancelled.

You quote him complaining about Bridgestone not having a tyre soft enough to suit conditions during one session at Sachsenring; it seems possible that this was because they didn't have a tyre to suit conditions at one session at Sachsenring. He is hardly unique in complaining that the control Bridgestones don't provide enough options; as I understand it they don't provide an "intermediate" tyre at all, concerning which many have complained.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

The point is doohoofan

that everyone wanted a change in tyres.

When the new tyre was introduced the only two who didn't like it were Casey and Dani, and because Casey didn't like, the whole thing became a Carmelo, Bridgestone, Rossi conspiracy.

Now Rossi has left, and Ducati are still struggling we're now getting calls for more tyre choices to help Ducati. Laughable.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

why not

just have a wider range of tyres?.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Ducati the new Bimota.... They'll be wanting another 200cc next and questioning whether Yam and Honda should be racing prototypes against their crt (license received 12/04/13)... oh wait, no, that's world supers.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices