Skip to content

Discuss This Picture gallery: 250cc trailies to Slovakia and back General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Picture gallery: 250cc trailies to Slovakia and back

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Picture gallery: 250cc trailies to Slovakia and back

The trusty 250cc trailie obediently sat at motorcycling's side for years. Ready, resilient, hard-wearing and undemanding, willing to shepherd new riders into the fold or accompany the experienced on adventures they wouldn't risk their pride and joy on. Its reward? Years of neglect by owners and manufacturers. Now, with motorcycling in greater need than ever, Honda – with its CRF250L –...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 April 2013 15:23)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Literary licence or what. Years of neglect ? Like the KTM EXC or SX-F ? How about the Yamaha WR250 ? You guys really ought to spend more time off-road or just stick to road bikes. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the adventure,.... and the writing improves.

Reply to this Topic
laser3000

Apr 13

laser3000 says:

I'd love to buy a 250cc trailie but I haven't ridden a bike without ABS for years so I'd probably end up on my back looking up at the sky

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

Good to see small bikes being tested, and show that you don't need a 1000+ cc "adventure" bike,  to have fun.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Manufactures have not bothered with 250s in the uk because the motorcycle media has been obsessed with large sports bikes for years and bread a culture of bigger is better,just look at the currant obsession with ever more powerful adventure bikes .The smaller capacity bikes like the 800 BMW and 650 Suzuki are better for most people most of the time but as with sports bikes people are afraid the will not appear to be well hung with a hairy chest,by the way laser3000 if you are relying on abs all the time you are doing it wrong and should seek training before you get hurt ,try buying a old bike and ride it in the rain a lot to learn control.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

250 Dual-Sport

I have thought about getting a 250 dual-sport such as a Yamaha WR250R - the added power would make it significantly more highway capable than my Yamaha TW200.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices