Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has spoken of his disappointment at recent comments attributed to American legend Kevin Schwantz that were critical of the Spaniard and his long-serving manager and mentor Alberto Puig. French and Spanish media outlets quoted Schwantz casting doubt over Pedrosa’s ability to win the MotoGP world title in 2013. This year is Pedrosa’s eighth in Honda’s official...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 April 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

#34..what a talent.

Probably the the most exciting racer to come out of the States. Brave as they come and a real crowd pleaser out of the same mould as Sheene and Rossi.

Funny how the same saddo's who support the pussies that need a personality transplant, are having a pop innit?...always last pick on the team. Cherry intact til they married the girl next door. Shandy drinkers.

Haha..

Schwantz has a point and you all know it. Pedrosa is the longest serving loser in HRC history. Will he deserve another contract if MM beats him?

Repsol don't need him anymore. His passport won't save his sorry little arse this time.

PS. 10 pts pleas Bob..KRSR. It's rumoured she bailed because Kevs knob was too big for her.  

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I do think

Dani needs to win a premier class world championship, which Schwantz actually did manage to do. I would also temper criticism of his erraticism with the fact that he rode a Suzuki, which almost always needed to be over-ridden to have any chance in the first place.

I would agree he has exhibited a touch of the Wayne Gardners in his retirement, which Wayne after all these years seems to have given up now his sons are racing and he has an interest. Perhaps Kevin needs to find a hobby himself, since Ezy doesn't seem to be keen on Suzuki returning even if they are still desirous of Kevin's involvement.

Hard to be too critical of him though; as recorded on one of the other forums recently he turned up at a pub  to watch the Qatar race with a group of fans of no particular notoriety.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Schwanz is legend  and he must be carefull with everything he tell.

But he didn't tell something wrong.

He is in one of the two top  team, he have one of the best bike and he can't win championship.

Some years was unlucky, but is from Spain.And Honda want one spanish rider for his sponsor.

That's the reason why he stay too many years in the team and Hayden , Dovi passed the door out of the team.

Honda want one rider from Spain and another top rider.

They don't care who of them win champion but the results of Pedrosa so many years is not succes.

If Stoner stay then Pedrosa lost his seat.Nakamoto said in  an interview last year that honda don't want two Spanish rider in the team.Now with MM perhaps Dani move to a nother team next year if he'll not champion.Nakamoto said tha tthis is the last oppotrunity for Pedrosa.

He is top rider but JL win 2 title shortly.

We'll see.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hedgey

I dont' have a problem with that.  I was just illustrating how stats can be manipulated to tell a different story.

Benny is right - Pedro won't be going anywhere till 2015.  As for Schwantz I don't have an opinion of him one way or the other.   What I do know is that when he was ''on it'' there was some pretty scary racing.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Kenneth Leroy!

Good one Wosi, a fresh packet of Smacko's for your bitch... woof woof!

Another fool who has mistaken those nasty traits you're very quick to heap upon others, for bravado and talent and by the way, any man knows you can't have a knob that's 'too big'.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

this is simple

He is Spanish. The vast majority of other riders would've been booted already. Yes he is bloody fast -but Repsol demands championships -they have mostly been a front running team. He has not delivered. But he is Spanish. Simple. Capiché?

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

His Job

As Dani boy says "his job is to fine NEW talent" - ok, is 6 year old talent still new?, I like Pedro but he does need to grow some jacobs!

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

I think Pedrosa is still the best choice for that ride despite not winning a championship. Since 2008 the field has arguably been the strongest for a long long time. With Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa. I've lots of respect for Schwarntz, he won a lot of races (more so I believe than Wayne Rainey) but the only championship he won was partially gifted. If Kevin had been racing against Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa he'd have won a lot less IMO because the top bunch are that strong now.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I think Dani has been very close to winning. In any normal year, his percentage in 2012 would have easily secured him a championship. Kevin had close to 8 years in the 500cc championship and managed 25 wins. Dani's not far off at all with 22 wins. I think Kevin should STFU and put all his energy into suing COTA and anyone else he can think of. I liked his riding style and his speed, but he's beginning to sound like a demented fogey.

Reply to this Topic
DAS43

Apr 13

DAS43 says:

rocketri17

Stoner also is spanish, rocketri17...?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN