Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has spoken of his disappointment at recent comments attributed to American legend Kevin Schwantz that were critical of the Spaniard and his long-serving manager and mentor Alberto Puig. French and Spanish media outlets quoted Schwantz casting doubt over Pedrosa’s ability to win the MotoGP world title in 2013. This year is Pedrosa’s eighth in Honda’s official...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 April 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

As Dean Adams of Superbikeplanet says

Kevin is a bitter man these days. He's managed to roll quite a few ridiculous statements all into one rant here.

I don't remember there being a lot wrong with the RGV back in Schwantz's day DoohanFan. After all MacKenzie finished a season 4th on it. Barros won a race on it and Beattie almost kept Doohan honest on it in '95. That Suzuki was always a sweet steering thing. Probably the best bike on the grid in 1989. But Schwantz used to like looking over his shoulder, which was quickly followed by bouncing on his head. He's never been a thinking man, on or off the track. And like Fogarty by all accounts couldn't set up a BMX bike.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

veritasH

Bit harsh on the Schwantz 1993 title, he was controlling the 1993 championship ( for the first time ever he rode with his head all season )  until he and Barros were skittled by the mighty Mick Doohan into the esses @ Donington Park which handed the balance over to Wayne until his Misano crash and career end which then put the balance back completely. 

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Depth of Talent

I have fond memories of racing in Schwantz's days but he only really ever had one other rider at a time that was worth their salt to compete against.  Pedro has always had at least 3 per race that were worthy of top honors.  But really he should STFU.  Racing today is different than during hiis time.  The fact that he's still "hanging around" doesn't make him an authority anymore.

Reply to this Topic
fishbate

Oct 12

fishbate says:

Nicky Hayden was HEAVILY criticized for not winning a championship within 3 seasons of signing with Repsol Honda. Not only was he criticized by HRC, Repsol, and all the Spaniards that were involved with the program, but he was also criticized by his fellow riders and even his fellow American compatriots. To him, it was water off a ducks back. He used that criticism to fuel his desire to win. He didn't cry about it, like Mr. Personality is doing. After Hayden fought hard to win a championship that Pedrosa can't produce, Honda had Hayden developing parts for Pedrosa's bike. The RC was changed and redesigned around Pedrosa. Hayden was thrown to the wolves and put on the 'B' team, even though he had the number 1 plate. If Pedrosa is comparing himself to Schwantz, he should maybe look closer at the world of MotoGP that has been built up around him, Rossi, Lorenzo, and Marquez. That's what Schwantz was talking about. Pedrosa has only produced results that have motivated Repsol HRC to send other riders packing.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Nice one Pedrosa. Schwartz, you're a knob.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

Not sure what the attack on Pedrosa was all about. Pedrosa has had some bad luck with injuries , but last year he got the better of Stoner and Lorenzo was lucky to win with the form Pedrosa had.

Too early to make predictions for this year but I'd say Pedrosa has a 1 in 3 chance against Marquez and Lorenzo.  Rossi has shown he still has skills but I'm not sure he has the speed any more.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Looks

Spies wont be at jerez......shoulder playing up or something?.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

think kevin is jealous cos pedro is faster, more of a legend, and has more world titles than he does i grew up watch watching and admiring kevin race they say dont ever meet your heroes cos he has turned into fucking knob end !! 

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

When Pedrosa have a teamate in good form, he hasn't confidence.

When his teamate isn't in good moon, he has more confidence.He has the speed and the talent but he doesn't have boldness. I like rider likeSchwantz, Doohan, Stoner, Lorenzo, Haga, Abe, Katoh  who they have fighter's spirit.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

I

would like to concur with a previous contributor who stated that Swantz was a knob. I couldn`t have put it more succinctly.
He`s also a bitter man and comes across as a hanger-on. No class.
STFU and go away with whatever dignity you can muster Kev.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices