Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has spoken of his disappointment at recent comments attributed to American legend Kevin Schwantz that were critical of the Spaniard and his long-serving manager and mentor Alberto Puig. French and Spanish media outlets quoted Schwantz casting doubt over Pedrosa’s ability to win the MotoGP world title in 2013. This year is Pedrosa’s eighth in Honda’s official...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 363 days ago (26 April 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

glm

feed your donkey - he still looks poorly!

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

saturn392

Today i milking my goats all day and i can't feed him a lot.

Tomorrow i'll go him up to the mountain to graze a lot fresh grass.

Ducati don't want him too fat.They can't pht him their fairing.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

gob on a stick

Shwantz is nothing more than a sad hanger on ,what's more his one and only title only came his way due to Rainey's tragic accident , btw Kevin hows the contract going for your part in running the texas gp going or your job with Suzuki you keep trying to get ?, Kevin ,shut your crinkly leather face you bitter old muppet

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Second place is the first loser. Pedrosa needs to win a title and I hope he does.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Randy Mamola

Just because Danny has never won the MOTOGP title doesnt mean he isnt one of the greats, You need a little luck as well as being a great rider , Just ask Randy Mamola who in my opinion was better than shwantz but never one the championship 

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no doubt

Schwantz had a good handling bike in 1993, which if I recall was the year Rainey basically built his own bike replacing the factory frame with a customer one, and Doohan was still  recovering from his leg injury. Going on Doohan's form before his leg injury in 1992 and in 1994 the Honda may still have been the best bike out there.

As is mostly the case with championship wins other riders' injuries were not Schwantz's problem though and he managed to stay on the bike that year as you say. Rainey's crash is till one of the worst things I have seen watching motorsport live on TV.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Dani is a great rider, but i don't think he will ever be moto Gp World champ. Of course he took about 6 wins at the end of the last season. But J-lo was cruzin in those races. Then when Dani really had to win he fell. Marquez is younger, more talented and more determined to win! As for Schwanz? He's a legend. The difference beween him, and for instance Rainey and Lawson? Kevin talks, Rainey and Eddy answer questions. I disagree with Ratcetman about Mamola. He was actually my favorite rider in that era, because he was so spectacular. Randy had some good bikes but was verry inconsistent. Always remembered for having that foot way of the peg though:-)

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Wonder how many titles Kev would have won if he'd been on a works Honda for 8 years?

He rode in GP aginst the true greats, the best era that's ever been..no pansy rider-aids then.

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

Until this morning Scwantz was my legend, no more. What he says about Danny may have applied to him unless Rainey got injured. Scwantz was always the looser when battling with Lawson or Rainey. Yes he won races but crashed a lot and lost the critical races which determined the championship. Winning the title requires a lot of things to align and not all under the rider control. Good bike, no tech problems (ask Spies who rode the same bike as JLO), no crashes (not even other riders crashing into you like Danny had last year), have the lack when crashing not to injure too badly, and on top of this ride like a champ. Until now Danny has it all beside luck. Scwantz was not the fastest ever, he was the most brave/ spectacular, but never the fastest. His championship was just between generation change in motogp. This is why he loved Sic, as he reminded himself, brave, fast and all or nothing attitude. This is why he does not respect Danny who rides differently and does not danger other riders. I sure hope that Danny will take it this year. So far he shows much maturity and does not crash like few seasons ago.

Reply to this Topic
AldoApache

Jan 13

AldoApache says:

enough about luck

Dani has had some injuries but so have they all. 8 years is long enough, especially with the support he's received from the biggest motorcycle manufacturer in the world who started by building a bike custome made for Pedrosa in 07 even though Hayden was their champion. Last year was the perfect opportunity for him to win the title after his opponents suffered some misfortune. If he was good enough he'd have titles by now. Everyone was going on about Dani's victories last year when Stoner was injured and Jorge riding for points, now we see it's just the same as always again with Dani struggling to beat his rookie teammate. Having said that I do think Schwantz should keep his BS to himself sometimes. What tripe about the sport being nothing without Rossi. Things seemed to go alright even with Rossi struggling to beat the top CRT bikes at times for the past couple of years. Shwantz wants to credit al the good things about MotoGP To his boy Rossi but then give no credit to the guys out there who he has to try and beat. Shwantz is living in the past, as always. I think the likes of Marquez will ensure MotoGP will continue ok without Rossi, who hasn't won a race for nearly 3 years now.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle