Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has spoken of his disappointment at recent comments attributed to American legend Kevin Schwantz that were critical of the Spaniard and his long-serving manager and mentor Alberto Puig. French and Spanish media outlets quoted Schwantz casting doubt over Pedrosa’s ability to win the MotoGP world title in 2013. This year is Pedrosa’s eighth in Honda’s official...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 April 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Wosi, you're off topic mate and thinking The Mouth from the South is justified in taking a swipe at one of the very few riders capable of a win in the last several years just because he's fuckin' stupid enough to try the back door method with Uncle Caramello, is way out of line. Yeah yeah he's been screwed over but ignoring Mudguard Ezpeletas' underhanded past is unforgivable and downright dumb. COTA management have been taking the flak for his treatment but people need to understand DORNA's part in the show as well.

Again, this has fuck all to do with his slating of other riders not named Flossi and yes, he is an ex-champ but as far as 'legend' goes, there are others that have achieved more who you pretend aren't even on your radar. If in any way your assumption for his behaviour is correct, then he's a gutless prick and deserves all he gets.

Grow up Wosi, Stoner has gone and so have the two pitiful years of ducati under Flos direction but to fans like you and me (though you conveniently deny it) both will be remembered for years to come and supporting someone who meets some of your own bipolar agenda by ignoring the facts isn't bolstering my opinion of you and don't kid yourself, I know that means a lot.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Everything

in Texas is bigger including Schwantz's mouth, but he has point imo. Good on Puig though for sticking it back to him. We will find out on the 5th if it got Dani's back up enough to go hell for leather and try and win. As for the comments about Spanish domination, spot on, I know they have the best feeder class for Moto 3 but there are to many Spanish riders in the sport that imo getting there because of their nationality, this country is producing fantastic riders that given a chance could take it to the top step of moto gp if they had una cuchara de plata. 3 British riders, 1 Irish and a French man that's virtually British leading wsbk, with another 2 just outside the top ten. People will turn off if it keeps going all Spanish riders way all the time after all it is a World championship.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

In my opinion

and imo only, I think it cuts a bit both ways.

I do think Schwantz shows a touch of the relevance deprivation syndrome formerly also exhibited by Wayne Gardner, who fortunately seems to have given it up.

I also think however that whilst Dani has powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, including being untouchably fast on his day against several of the greatest riders there have ever been (at least 2 anyway), he will always be a nearly man, obviously only in such company, unless he eventually wins a premier class championship, like Max Biaggi who had a similar or better record in the other classes. 

Schwantz's day was different, and the great American riders of that era, and Mick Doohan, mostly didn't contest the other classes, other than Freddie Spencer rather famously nearer to the start of it of course, and Schwantz probably didn't consider them important in his time. I don't think you can take anything away from his championship (or most if not all others for that matter), staying uninjured on one of those man-killing bikes was a feat in itself, which Rainey and Doohan unfortunately didn't manage in 1993, Doohan starting off injured of course, and their problems in 1993 were certainly not of Schwantz's devising.  Winning 25 races against the quality of opposition he faced, on a Suzuki, is hardly negligible either.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Do me a favour Bob..

..you pop up once in a blue moon, rambling inconsolably about your thin skinned compatriot and tell wosi he's off topic?

Who the fk put you in charge mate?

You do agree..you don't agree..what's your point?

CotA has been taking flak, #34 is a gutless prick, but we need to understand DORNA's role?

Enlighten us with this deep understanding..cos I'm buggered if get your drift other than the normal Rossi & Schwantz slagging?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Signed any contracts with Schwantz lately Wosi?

http://www.cyclenews.com/48/20658/Racing-Article/MotoGP-Still-Talking-With-Circuit-of-the-Americas.aspx

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yeah Nostro..

We want news not history..

I'll ask you the same..what the fk is your point?

You don't think Dorna & CotA could have got together and squeezed Schwantz out?

He needs a ticket from CotA after the money has been raised and the track built..They refuse to sign it off because they'll be more to go round with just two snouts in the nosebag?

You can't be that simple surely?

What about what they did to Hellmund over F1?

CotA settled for big money out of court, which as we all know is an admission of guilt.

Ecclestone was on Hellmunds side..I don't see the same thing from Ezpeleta? Fkin snake..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Baa-nny

Maybe you haven't got a clue what you're talking about..it wouldn't be the first and certainly won't be the last.

Butt out or add some insight..and that don't mean posting a link you don't understand.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

They don't raise 'em too bright in Texas

Is it twinned with Nottinghamshire.

F1 Wosi? Zero interest here.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Not all of Nottinghamshire

No.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Big Brain..

:lol::lol::lol:..that's convenient.

Haven't got an opinion for once have we? I wonder why?

Here's a piece from your big mate Dave, with all the relevant links highlighted..I doubt you've read it because of your childish petulance over some of his remarks refusing to slag Rossi off, like half the rest of the fkos on his site.

What happened..did you get a rebate on your subscription?

http://motomatters.com/news/2012/09/08/austin_motogp_deal_in_turmoil_kevin_schw.html

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices