Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has spoken of his disappointment at recent comments attributed to American legend Kevin Schwantz that were critical of the Spaniard and his long-serving manager and mentor Alberto Puig. French and Spanish media outlets quoted Schwantz casting doubt over Pedrosa’s ability to win the MotoGP world title in 2013. This year is Pedrosa’s eighth in Honda’s official...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 April 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Did you clock who came from 7th to 2nd..handing out a racing lesson to one or two on the way?"

Pedrosa's one of the greatest at coming 2nd... but you reckon he's living on borrowed time... still, at least he's had a few wins in the last few years & didn't finish up 6th in the last race/championship.

"...how the hell has he still got a job?"

:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Fkin Rossi..

Boo hoo hoo hoo ho ho ha hah hahahaa..

Ya bunch of sour puss lettuces..you wouldn't know class if it ran up and smacked you round the chops with a wet kipper?

Call yourselves fans?

Ol wosi knows best and does your heads in every single time..hahaha.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Didn't someone called Marquez also go from 7th to 2nd in his first ever Motogp race?

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Real fans?

Schwantz: Not exactly gained much humility in his old age has he..? You'd expect more from one of the greats.. ahhh maybe he's entitled to it. COTA weren't that daft to distance themselves last year. Oh well. As for Dani, don't write the wee Spaniard off. He's just getting warmed up. Jerez will be a classic. Wosi - real fans? What you doing next weekend sweets - watching from your rocking chair? Probably. I've just finished packing my pants. The Fireblade has been serviced. Drop me your Gmail, I'll send you some pics of your boy from the grandstand on the start finish straight next weekend. Oh, you don't want to? OK then. I'll get some snaps of Lorenzo winning instead.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

last time

i checked only one can start from 7TH but hell what do i know?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

73mach...

"last time i checked only one can start from 7TH but hell what do i know?"

Motegi 2011 Stoner came from 7th to 3rd "handing out a racing lesson to one or two on the way" but started from pole... how does that work? According to the Losail lap chart there were 3 people in 7th place who, in theory, could've got up to 2nd... 2 actually did it... obviously only 1 held onto the place.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Politics & Japes..Iberian style.

I don't blame Schwantz for not being humble and taking a swipe at Pedrosa & Puig, two of the most obvious beneficiaries of Dorna's bias towards Spanish riders in a World Championship that is little more than an extension of their national CEV series.

Four Spanish riders in MotoGP parc ferme..Kallio in 3rd on the Moto2 podium, the only non-Spaniard across all three classes to taste some champagne..

Revvin Kevin had a lengthy contract to promote Texas, signed off by overlord Ezpeleta in recognition of the work and money he raised to get that circuit built, only to be dropped without support when $ signs started flashing in the eyes of CotA owners.

They did exactly the same thing to Tavo Hellmund over the F1 promoters rights..and had to settle out of court.

Hellmund brought F1 to Texas..Schwantz did the same by bringing MotoGP and got royally fked over too.

The difference being that Kevin Schwantz is an ex-Champ and a legend within the sport whose credibility has taken an unwarranted battering over the affair, as can be attested to by the number of small minded comments from supposed bike racing fans on these pages.

The motorcycling fraternity ought to be ashamed over the way he's been treated, and Ezpelata and his tapas munching cronies spineless lack of solidarity in the name of a few bucks disgusts me.

While you're off on a name-dropping jolly to further line his already bulging pockets aboard your shiny freshly serviced Blade which I'll bet you never raised a spanner to, in true born again yuppie style..Wosi will be banging a new back tyre in the Bandit12, fettling the carbs to give perfect drive off the bottom and setting the Renthals to wheelie mode for his bank holday trip to Oulton.

That's after watching all of Jerez on the flat-screen in like minded company..where no doubt gallons of Strongbow will be consumed in perfect comfort as a starter.

As for your little tip..I'll pass on that thanks Shawno. Remind us how the last wager panned out with Crutchlow at Austin?

PS: Hedgey..you complete and utter dolt.

Stoner qualifies on pole by nearly 3 tenths, drops to 7th after an own-fault mistake and manages to rescue bottom step 15 seconds behind the winner..and you think that's a lesson?

Oooh the pain, the hurt..Marquez has replaced your hero and nobody bats a fkin eyelid?

Hahaha..give it up muppet. You been watching long?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Stoner qualifies on pole by nearly 3 tenths, drops to 7th after an own-fault mistake and manages to rescue bottom step 15 seconds behind the winner..and you think that's a lesson?"

Ha ha... how did I know you'd comment on that?... what happened to Rossi in that race? Qualified 7th?... that sounds familiar... got caught up in traffic?... same own fault mistakes 2 years on & you think he's teaching lessons?... at least he didn't cause an accident this time & managed to finish the race but it was close when he hit Pedrosa...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

hankies please..

What happened to you being able to make a comment without an off topic bitter Rossi pop?

Has there ever been such a thing?

C'mon Hedgey..we know you're all broke up inside but, going out of your way and standing on your high horse telling people to drop the Stoner debate while failing to do the same yourself, is the height of back-flipping fanboy double-talk.

If you can't see that results during Rossi's tenure at Ducati were completely their fault by now..you ought to do the honourable thing and withdraw from posting here to give us all a break.

Out of interest..how many people a week in real life mention that you're a desperate bore? 

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"If you can't see that results during Rossi's tenure at Ducati were completely their fault by now.."

I was just remarking on the similarities... still qualifying 7th... still getting caught up in traffic... still colliding with other riders...

You said he was teaching a few riders a lesson... & so he should do at a track he's won at more times than anyone other than Stoner... but, as I said, he's still making the same mistakes & at a track he's not familiar with it would appear it's him not learning them.

Wosi... "off topic bitter Rossi pop?"

Wosi... "Did you clock who came from 7th to 2nd..handing out a racing lesson to one or two on the way?"

I was wondering on the relevance of your comment too.

:blink: :blink:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices