Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa responds to Kevin Schwantz criticism

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has spoken of his disappointment at recent comments attributed to American legend Kevin Schwantz that were critical of the Spaniard and his long-serving manager and mentor Alberto Puig. French and Spanish media outlets quoted Schwantz casting doubt over Pedrosa’s ability to win the MotoGP world title in 2013. This year is Pedrosa’s eighth in Honda’s official...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 April 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Sponorship

If you approach your favourite fortified wine supplier Rev, for some sponsorship we are half way there

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

sure hedgehog

I had the same attitude to Wayne Gardner, despite being a big fan when he raced, in fact he is the reason I became a bike racing fan rather than a car racing fan as I had been as a schoolboy.

Whether or not the talk they talk is silly, both did walk the walk though, and in particular did not lack bravery as bike riders.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

DF...

"Whether or not the talk they talk is silly"

Agreed... ignore what they say 'cos they're the mindless ramblings of someone who was a rather good racer in his time. But let's not get this guy confused with the old war veteran in the pub who's ramblings we tolerate (& in some way respect) extolling his extreme views of politics & the world... he hasn't fought for his country & doesn't have to get by on a war pension. What he has done has been for money & glory, entertaining us along the way.

I have respect for anyone who is (or was) very good at their job... that alone doesn't mean I'm going to cut them any slack when it comes to spouting bollocks though.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

again we agree hedgehog

Sports stars are not the true heroes as you say, they do it for the fame, fortune and because they like to.

Also agree as a sports nut in general that many famous ex-competitors say ridiculous things about their own sports and current competitors therein in their retirement, even when they are employed as supposed expert commentators; perhaps they are too close to things to have perspective, or were just better at competing than they are at analysis or communication to others.

My main point was against those denigrating Schwantz's career; he was not as good as Lawson, Rainey and Doohan, just as Gardner even in his prime was not as good as Lawson, but both were plenty good, at a time when the bikes attempted to kill competitors on a regular basis, and this is not negated for me by them having said things I didn't like about Stoner in Schwantz's case or Doohan in Gardner's case in their respective retirements.  

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Isn't freedom of speech a great thing.. It's laughable that just because someone has an opinion that some of you don't agree with you slag them off and put them down with far more spite and venom than the original comment that put your backs up.. Kettle..pot..black. I fail to see what's Kev's career has to do with his comments about pedrosa? Kev's a legend...

Reply to this Topic
twowheeltours

Mar 11

Pissing on a hero

Kevin Schwantz is one of our all time heros so it´s stupid of Alberto Puig to piss on him, he should be more clever than so. Alberto Puig seems like a person difficult to like.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices